Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:38 am
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: Stories From Our Childhood
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 117
Department: ELT MA
I have no topics yet

Hi there!  *Hi

Most of us enjoy a good story and ALL of us has a childhood   :mrgreen:
In this topic, we are going to share our childhood stories, practice our English in a new way and learn more about each other *sla
So are you a good story teller?  8)  Can you narrate a real story happened in your childhood in a good English?

Now who'll be our first story teller?  :P

You can start by "Once upon a time"  :mrgreen:

Top .:. Bottom

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:24 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 94
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: السادسة
I have no topics yet

عبير,  

Are you attracting me to write? *ممم

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 pm 
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
Topics: 60
Department: Literature, Film, and Theatre
Grade: MA
I have no topics yet

Abeeeeeeer :D  :D  This is a NOVEL idea. :P  I know you are creative. You always come with GREAT topics like this. But do you know where is the problem? The problem is that, UNFORTUNATELY, there are not many participants. I, you, Nawal, Safa, Tayma', Huda, Cyrine, Arwa, Qasim ,and Ranoo.sh are almost the only members who visit this section :mrgreen: I hope that there will be new ones.  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود
I do NOT know if I'm a good storyteller or not :mrgreen: But I'm going to try. Why NOT ?:mrgreen:

"Once upon a time", Speak or Sleep ??  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: so speak :D  :mrgreen:

Once upon a time, I was a small kid. I used to watch Syrian series from the beginning of my childhood. We, I and the other kids of my village, watched the famous Syrian series, Al-Burkan. I remember well the characters of this series: Ward, Al-Gadanfar, Al-Munther and Al-Azraque. :mrgreen:  The series was about the conflict between the Arabs and The Romans. Ward represented the Arabs and Giovanni represented the Romans. Anyway, I'm not going to speak about the series itself. :mrgreen: At that time, kids in my village formed many groups, and they used to fight against themselves by their own "swords". :mrgreen:  ( usually the sword was a  staff) :mrgreen:
I was the chief of my street, and I had to defend my area against the invaders of the other streets :mrgreen: . Once our neighbors attacked us and they wanted to occupy our own area; I had to defend "my land"  :mrgreen: The fight began; and I immediately hit 'an enemy' on the head. :shock:  He started bleeding and crying; and I started running to my home. I sat in the house silent, motionless, and my eyes were telling that I made something wrong. Soon, "the enemy's father" attacked my house, and he asked for my head :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: After my father got him out of the house he came directly to me and started hitting me. He jailed me in the bathroom for 4 hours :oops:  :oops:  He accepted to release me after my mother begged him to do so. :mrgreen: My father then prevented me to go outside for more than a week. I cannot forget this story because I was about to kill somebody. Whenever I remember this story I become sad and happy at the same time. Sad for hitting the boy, and happy for it is no more than a history  now.

I know I'm a bad storyteller. Anyway, I just wanted to participate so that others get the courage and tell us some of their stories. :wink:

Abeer It is a brilliant idea. May Allah Bless thee Sister *1  *1

"We are the choices we have made."

Last edited by Odysseus on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Childhood Kiss

Shiny day, teacher is absent, students, or kids in other word, are making noise, I was in daydreams. Quietness inside, see nothing. Oh the Syrian usual schools' classes. Three desks rows, two walking rows, and green old blackboard. I was at the dead-end of the class, my back to the wall, my face toward the blackboard, in dreams I dive. Small kid I was, between six and seven years of age in the second grade, yeah I really was mind-absent that time when my story began and ended. My face toward the blackboard, I did not know why I was standing at that place, suddenly a sole blond girl, which is so blond, eyes are blue. She was running to  some place, but the place sure was near me, oh she was a student of our class, she ran toward me that what I finally found out when  she had stamped a kiss on my cheek. The kiss was followed by a slap on her cheek, but not by me, because I was in wonder that moment, the slap came from her cousin a jealous boy, or maybe he felt shame.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:38 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  
Be happy that child is not me, because you will be now counted with dead.  :mrgreen:
I am kidding

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 117
Department: ELT MA
I have no topics yet

قاسم عيسى,  
Quote:
Are you attracting me to write?

If such a topic attracts you to write .. yes I am attracting the attention of all those who like writing to share us 8)  

Ala Al-Ibrahim,
Quote:
This is a NOVEL idea.   I know you are creative. You always come with GREAT topics like this. But do you know where is the problem? The problem is that, UNFORTUNATELY, there are not many participants. I, you, Nawal, Safa, Tayma', Huda, Cyrine, Arwa, Qasim ,and Ranoo.sh are almost the only members who visit this section  I hope that there will be new ones.      

Thanks a lot for your generous words  *1
A novel idea! Your idea inspires me of a great idea that we can collect the best stories and make our own story book called "Stories From Arterians Childhood"  :mrgreen:
So dear Arterians always make your best to write the best stories  8)
I also hope the same; to see new faces here  *1  

As for your story, I really could not help laughing because of your way of using the terms in the story like: "my land", 'an enemy' , "the enemy's father" attacked my house, "he asked for my head", "He jailed me in the bathroom for 4 hours"  
So you put us in the action  :mrgreen: It was a great adventure  :mrgreen:
By the way, I think that you are a good story teller  :wink:  

قاسم عيسى,  
First of all, thanks a lot for participating. I liked your way of narrating a story, simple and short sentences. Your way of describing the place and the situation is really good. You also provide us with a tittle. It can be also "An innocent kiss with a sudden slap"  :mrgreen:  

I'd love to discuss the wrting style of our stories here. In the long run, we'll learn how to write a short story professionally  :wink:

I'll be back with a story from my childhood  *Hi

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:24 am 
مشرفة قسم قواعد اللغة الإنجليزية
مشرفة قسم قواعد اللغة الإنجليزية
Topics: 39
Department: ترجمة/لغـة إنكليـزية
Grade: Graduated
I have no topics yet

عبير,  
*1  *Hi  *good  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود
No one can ignore that you are a CREATIVE member here Abeer, I love this topic very much *ورود
Ala Al-Ibrahim,  
Really, you made me laugh a lot when I was reading your adventure story :mrgreen: , so, can I  conclude that you were quarrelsome kid  :mrgreen: , your way in narrating the story is interesting and funny. :wink:

قاسم عيسى,  
She was slapped by her cousin :shock: , so he was so jealous  :mrgreen:  , I am afraid if he remembers  this event till now, this will be a great problem. :?  :lol: ...it is nice  *1

OK, I'll narrate a child story in my modest manner :mrgreen: :
Once upon a time, when I was a child, 6 years old, I had a healthy problem with my tooth, this is the natural age to replace milk teeth  :!: ,  so my uncle and my parents tried to take me to the dentist, and as usual I  shouted" NO, I don't want …I said NOOOOOOO " . :evil:  :mrgreen:
After that my uncle said to me that he want to take me to the garden, to see ducks  :mrgreen: , so, because I was a child, I agreed quickly  :surprised: . After going out of home he took me in other way, I asked him: ( uncle! Where is the garden?, it is not from here  *ممم ) he smiled and said ( I'll take you to new one  :roll: ) after that I found myself in the  clinic of the dentist  :shock: , I shouted   :evil: " What, NO ..NO..NOO!!!  :evil:  :mrgreen: ) the dentist betrayed me and did his duty, :mrgreen:  after that I said to my uncle that I will not speak with him again  :x , I cried and shouted for three hours after the event  :mrgreen: , my uncle laughed all the way to home  :lol: . So this makes me to have doctors Phobia now..
:mrgreen:  
thaanks alot dear, we are waiting for yours  *Hi  :wink:

When we are unable to find tranquillity within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 27
Department: E
Grade: graduated
I have no topics yet

عبير,  
I  want to thank you a lot sister for this nice , useful , and enjoying topic *1  *1  *1

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  
What a dramatic story :!: ,well I have a similar one :mrgreen: , I hit my elder  sister on her head once when we were kids  , and I really make her bleed and cry , after that I felt like I'm a horrible person  :? especially when I saw her bleeding because of me :cry: , and of course it was one of my most awful  childhood days  :(  , but now this sister is my favorite one that I can't but to talk with her every day although we were fighting a lot when we were kids …  :!:

قاسم عيسى,
Your different and professional style of writing make this story very very impressive  *1  *1

Quote:
oh she was a student of our class, she ran toward me that what I finally found out when  she had stamped a kiss on my cheek. The kiss was followed by a slap on her cheek, but not by me, because I was in wonder that moment, the slap came from her cousin a jealous boy, or maybe he felt shame.

8)   *good  *good  

Here Is My Story  :D  :
The First Day in the School
Out of expectations of my family it was the first day of school for safa just like that …..
It was the first time I woke up very early in the morning , actually I  couldn't sleep well at that night cause I was curious  to know that mysterious place , some says that it's great and full of a lot of new and exciting things  :P   , and some says that it's full of hard and tiring matters  :x . Anyway  I dressed up the new school uniform   *sla , took my breakfast , and became ready for becoming a student which meant to me becoming a strong , clever , and responsible grown-up girl !  8)  .  
New place , much of lovely kids , less of noisy adults  , that means new friends ,  a lot of playing , and a lot of joys   :D . every lesson was easier than the previous one  ;  A B C D E F G ….; who can count from 1 to 10 …;  who can mention some of the organs of  body … ;It was just too easy and simple ; I was wondering  why some of kids were sad and some of them were crying  *ممم  !!! …It was the perfect place for making new friends , playing new games , enjoying and learning every thing in this life !!! ….; and of course I made my first new friendship ; they were nice two sisters ; they liked me a lot as I  liked them too ; at the end of that full  and long day , the time of leaving came ;  there was a particular bus for every area in the city , so every one has to go by the bus that passes in his house area ;I stood  to say bay to my new and kind friends ; we were to be in different buses ; they asked me kindly to accompany them in their bus , so we can talk and play a lot while getting our homes  :shock: ; hence with my kind heart , I couldn't say no !!! ; then I went with them to their house and enjoyed my time with my new friends who let me play in their toys , and I took my lunch alone with my friends for the first time which was ( Roz b fool )  :lol: ; fortunately  their parents were kind too ; they called my family to tell them that I'm in safe hands ; before this call , my family called the school to look for their missed daughter !!! for they  were really terrified that there was something bad happened to me !!!
After that my family came and got me back to  home  *خوف , and I'm astonished till now for  they didn't punish me that day ! , they didn't even blame me ! , all what they did is laughing on what I did , and how confident I was to do such a thing !!! , and my mother just asked me not to do that again !!!

I don't think I'm that good in telling stories  *ممم , but YOU asked me to tell , so you have to listen  :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Sad snowy morning:

1994, Syria witnessed snow like Finland, in homs, the main street due to snow turned ski-street. I still remember that four-day-winter-snow, that first day of them, I woke up to see snow everywhere. As a child, it was childhood happiness to view in surprise snow. I did not know why and how, I directly got the roof of the tower we once lived. The tower was of seven levels and the roof counted the eighth. I found three of our neighbors' children who were my friends with different ages. Two boys and one girl. We started to make snowballs and fight each others, oh I had a full snow-kits. My uncle gifted me from Germany, so I felt no coldness. I had nice moments in fights, oh laughing and shootings balls, how happy we were!
Suddenly we got idea, to make wars on the passer by on the street which was rarely occupied, because morning and snow-covered homs, the result is disabled-like city or curfew. And the war began on cars which passed. Oh a bad-luck man in his 40s, he rode a bicycle, putting (baqdones) on the front basket he was riding slowly and silently before the balls start to fall like rain from all sides, yeah because we already made more than 20 or 30 balls for shooting people. And as followed, I really still viewing the image like it is today snow-war. Me shooting was left, the old man went right, other child was shooting right, the old man is lefting, other child raining snowballs infornt, until the man fallen on the street, which was half-frozen, and the (Baqdones) spread around him like green blood. All of us shocked, as if we never expect such conclusion. For all children, same what Ala Ibrahim did, fled to his house, all the children within me fled away. I was sad, I never knew what happened to this man, maybe he was really hurt that morning. In the judgment day, I will say sorry to him, because already I will not be judged, I was only ten, far away from 18.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 50
Grade: ماجستير
I have no topics yet

I didn't know there's a funny topic here
ok I have a story and of course,no wonder it's with an animal :mrgreen:
our neighbours used to have a dog..Actually it was a very old dog :mrgreen:  and I love animals so much so I used to annoy that dog. :mrgreen:  cruel me :mrgreen:
every time I saw it sleeping I came near its ears ............and...........clapping my hands loudly :mrgreen:
you can imagine its situation :mrgreen:
I once told my friend that it's a nice dog and she can sit on it :mrgreen:
the dog was sleeping as usual(or maybe dead) :mrgreen:
so,I encouraged her to sit on it and she walked to it .........and..........once she sat...the dog woke up angrily(I don't know why) :mrgreen: and started barking :mrgreen: so my friend ran away frightened :mrgreen:
and I laughed at them both..again evil Lina :mrgreen:

عبير,  
very nice topic 3aboura *ورود  *1