Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:22 pm
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2010
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
Topics: 25
Department: English Literature
I have no topics yet

1. Jon Stewart

The man who tops AskMen's list of the Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2010 is one of our youth's most trusted sources of information and a voice of both reason and hope in these economically and politically turbulent times. And no, he's not the president.
Barack Obama dropped significantly in the ranks, coming in at No. 21, after landing the No. 3 spot in 2009, and the No. 1 position in 2008, right before he took office. Even some of this year's most controversial figures like Lebron James (No. 17), Kanye West (No. 5), and Mark Zuckerberg (No. 3), the inspiration behind David Fincher's "The Social Network," ranked higher than the president.

But can a man who hosts the "fake news" five nights a week really be more influential than the President of the United States? Maybe.

Modern Men Are More Inspired By Rule Breakers and Path Blazers
Like Stewart, many of the men who made AskMen's Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2010 are the kind of men who don't follow the obvious route to meet their goals, who aren't afraid to break rules or make new ones on their respective paths to greatness.

Take Conan O'Brien, No. 12 on the list, who walked away from his dream job hosting "The Tonight Show" when NBC pushed him into a midnight time slot. Team Coco has since become a thing of legend, not to mention a poster and a T-shirt. "I did it my way and I do not regret a second," he said to the audience on his last episode. "If our next gig is doing a show in a 7-Eleven parking lot, we'll find a way to make it fun." Fortunately for Conan, his next gig is on TBS starting November 8, and his popularity has never been higher.

Modern Men Believe in Men Who Take Risks
And that brings us back to Conan. Before signing off on "The Tonight Show" for good to a future unknown, O'Brien signed off with a request of the audience: "All I ask of you, especially young people ... is one thing: Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

Other notable rule breakers and path blazers who made the list: British funnyman Russell Brand (No. 49), Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler (No. 44), comedy's current "it" guy Zach Galifianakis (No. 29), rapper Eminem (No. 24), and "Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner (No. 20).

AskMen's Top 10 Most Influential Men of 2010 are:

1. Jon Stewart

2. Bill Gates

3. Mark Zuckerberg

4. Steve Jobs

5. Kanye West

6. Drew Brees

7. James Franco

8. Elon Musk

9. Jose Mourinho

10. Graydon Carter

The ranks associated with each of the men on the Top 49 list were determined by a vote hosted on AskMen. Readers were presented with a list of approximately 200 candidates and asked to vote for those who had influenced them the most throughout 2010 -- the men who had the greatest impact on how other men behave, dress, buy, and think. After just over half a million votes were tallied, the results were averaged out with AskMens staff's own ratings. The resulting final scores provided the basis for the list of the Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2010.

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Top .:. Bottom

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:04 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 242
Department: English
Grade: Graduate
I have no topics yet

Peace Be Upon You :

Where are the Arab Personalities ????

:roll:

﴿٨١﴾ الإسراء

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 5
Department: ادب انكليزي
Grade: دبلوم تأهيل تربوي
I have no topics yet

Quote:

and the same for me...!
-
-
-
-
-
I have the same question. *ممم

*1  *1  *1

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
Topics: 25
Department: English Literature
I have no topics yet

Quote:

I think it is a rhetorical question, isn't?? *ممم
Anyway, if you really mean it, there is none according to this survey.
Why?
the answer is in the same topic:
Quote:
Modern Men Are More Inspired By Rule Breakers and Path Blazers

Quote:
Modern Men Believe in Men Who Take Risks

and what is more significant is
Quote:
the men who had the greatest impact on how other men behave, dress, buy, and think.

Is there any Arab who has these qualities? :|
think about it  :idea:  

We absolutely have great Arabs, but, sadly, they do not influence others. For me, that is because so many good and successful Arabs do not have the means nor the support to let them show themselves and their achievements, so they remain unknown and cannot influence others. this afterall just one reason of thousands you can easily figure out. :wink:

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ