This forum is designed to improve our writing skills in English through talking about everyday topics

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:
Post a reply

Stop !!! ... and read this first(Updated)

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:19 am

Dear members,
This English Section in our forum allows us to post topics & exchange ideas in English, aiming for our advantage in this field. Those who love English and want to improve their language are asked to participate because we are here to learn and improve ourselves. So, come on.. join us  

Members who want to participate: please pay attention to those issues before posting a topic:

1- 1- It is optional to write using complete English words or using abbreviations such as : ( coz = because _ u = you _ 4 = for … etc).

2-VERY IMPORTANT: It is not allowed to type Arabic words with English letters like MARHABA , SHO MISHAN , KTIR 7LO …..etc.

3- A very important matter!! While writing a certain topic, please put * after any word you suspect that it's hard for the reader to understand its meaning , then put an explanation for it at the bottom of the topic.
e.g.

Mary is a very sophisticated* young woman.
Sophisticated: having a lot of knowledge.

4- After finishing your topic or your comment, select all the text and choose the size of the font to be (normal), reselect all the text once again and click on [EN] in the tools box.Thus you will have your topic  written from left to right as we usually write English and that will make it clearer than writing it in the opposite way.

5- Consider the written topic; do not add another topic to the original one.

6- One more thing, in case any member finds any kind of mistake in other members' comments, He/She is kindly requested to quote the mistake then give the correct word, phrase, formation ..etc
Because Our aim in this section is not merely to write in English but also and  most importantly to make our topics and comments mistake-free ..

7- The supervisors can correct your own mistakes by editing your posts and put the correct expressions or words in tow brackets like this (the correct sentence) so that whenever you see such brackets you know that these are the corrections of the supervisors.

Wishing you a nice and useful time in our forum,
Thank you
Last edited by فارس on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 am

[englishtext]Fares,
First thanks for this topic, or notification.
I wish from the first that we had a section for only English Topics, but when I saw that all users (members) write in arabic, or slang arabic, I started to do the same to let others understand me.
So if this matter concerns you, you can simply add new section, ONLY ENGLISH or anything.
This Only English, considers all topics, general, discussion, etc.

Thank you again[/englishtext]

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:30 am

[align=left]!Hello Fares

I highly appreciate your great efforts in this nice forum
Many thanks for you and for all moderators

GoodluckandGodblessyou
[/align]

*ورود  *ورود
*1  *1  *1

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:25 am

reselect all the text once again and click on [EN] in the tools box

I can't find it Fares

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:15 am

i think this all what we were wiating for in this forum.
nice idea by the way and i wish you a real successful life.
thanks for all and be faithful

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 am

thank fares .........
thats kind of you to make this field .
i will try to participate and have a part with all my dear friends to express our ideas in English.
*1  *1  *1  *1  *1  *1  *1  *1
*ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:33 am

Dear Fares,
   Dream comes true so thank you.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Lina,
I can't find it Fares

It's just right here

One more thing, in case any member finds any kind of mistake in other members' comments, He/She is kindly requested to quote the mistake then give the correct word, phrase, formation ..etc
Because Our aim in this section is not merely to write in English but most importantly to make our comments mistake-free ..

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:51 pm

[englishtext]Sheba,Zomoroda,Lina,Nawwar,and Arty
you all are right Fares is a hard working person,and you all are welcome

As to Sheba:

I wish from the first that we had a section for only English Topics, but when I saw that all users (members) write in arabic

your sentence joins the simple present with the simlpe past
and in the first part(the simple present part) it is better to say:

I hoped from the beginning......

it is better to say from the beginning that from the first
and you have to be more careful about the tenses

anyway you seem to be a good student so keep the good work up *1[/englishtext]

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:30 pm

[englishtext]Fares , Thank u very much for your efforts . We are really in need for such section to improve our writing and our conversation .
I'm sure that this section will be enriched by Safwat and Yara's efforts because they are very good students ( or supervisors )  :wink:

Nawwar
i think this all what we were wiating for in this forum.
nice idea by the way and i wish you a real successful life.
thanks for all and be faithful

First of all , it is better to capitalize the first letters for every new sentence
Then you have a spelling mistake ( wiating ) you have to say waiting

Good Luck for you all :) [/englishtext]
Post a reply