This forum is designed to improve our writing skills in English through talking about everyday topics

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:
Post a reply

Write and Discuss .. (Our problems )

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 pm

In this topic , we will discuss daily topics that make us think deeply and try to find the best way to deal with .

The main aim of my topic is to write and discuss using your words and thoughts .

The first topic will be about TV

TV is the device that invades our life without permission . It attracts people from different ages : men , women and children .

I want to ask some question about this topic :

1-Are you fond of TV ?
       2-Which kind of programs do you prefere ?
       3-In your opinion , what is the best way to reduce its passive effects ?
Last edited by سيرين on Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm

1-Are you fond of TV ?

First of all, I want to thank you Serin for your nice and useful topic
1- no I am not fond of Tv because there (are) a lot of silly programmes that we can find ^ on Tv for exampel, the music programmes(in which people) have to call and answerthe silly question (However, there will be no prize)
2-I prefer Action,Secince,Drama and (the Syrian) series that are my (favourite ones)
3- I think we have to control our minds to watch what is (beneficial)

*1  *1

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 pm

1- No
2- None
3-Don't buy tv

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:43 pm

سيرين,  
thanks for your nice topic  *1  *1

now I will answer

firstly it is not very nice to fond in tv and (I'm not fond of it ) because it is not everything in our life

but about which programs I like

I like children programs :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

In fact
I like  to see English films  in addition to sinentific programs

to reduce passive effects

mmmmmmmmmmmmm *ممم  *ممم  *ممم

nowdays it is very diffcult to stop passive effects to TV because everybody is tempting in his pleasures and to stop these bad effects everybody should  correct his /her self  then our society will be better of course and this my opinion about bad effects

I hop that I give a good words and advices :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

*Hi  *Hi  *Hi

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:54 pm

First of all, I want to nthank you Serin for your nice and usful topic

It is nice to see your participation here :wink:
As we know , everyone tends to do or watch something that may disagree with what the other people  prefere .
حلواني,  

Thank you very much for your participation *1  *1

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:11 pm

قاسم عيسى,  

3-Don't buy tv

It is a very nice reply  *sla
Thank you very much for your participation  *1  *1

roro.engl,  
thanks for your nice topic  

:wink:  *1
I like children programs

I think that children programs were most beautiful in the past :roll:
Today everything becomes  different .
I hop that I give a good words and advices

Thank you for your (pieces of advice) :wink:  and participation  *1  *1

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:00 pm

سيرين,  

Nice topic :wink:  and I think that it's ur first 1 in this section :roll:
But I have a suggestion; since all the subjects will be discussed in this topic, I think that the title should be the same as the topic under discussion; and whenever you add new topic and questions you change the title. So, instead of "Write and Discuss" you may write "T.V Problems" for example :roll:

Now the answers:

1-Are you fond of TV ?

I like T.V, but I can't say that I'm fond of it. :roll:

Well, I prefer to watch argumentative programmes on Almanar T.V, O T.V, Aljadeed and Aljazeera. I like "The Opposite Direction" programme so much. I also watch channels like "Aljazeera Documentary" and "International Geographic"; and Finally, I sometimes watch Syrian series, the realistic ones.

Through choosing the right programmes; we must watch T.V, but we have to know what to watch; it's a way to communicate with the world, so it is necessary to us.
Thank you Cyrine  *1

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  

Nice topic  and I think that it's ur first 1 in this section  

Thank you Ali  *1 and you are right  :wink:  
But I have a suggestion; since all the subjects will be discussed in this topic, I think that the title should be the same as the topic under discussion; and whenever you add new topic and questions you change the title. So, instead of "Write and Discuss" you may write "T.V Problems" for example  

Now the answers:

first of all ,  *ورود  for your suggestion . :arrow:

I want to say somthing , I chose " Write and Discuss" to be the title beacause I wished to see topics written by others not only by me in addition to disscus what the others write .
If there is anybody who wants to write a new topic , please start the new topic with "  Write and Discuss ( new topic here ) "
Well, I prefer to watch argumentative programmes on Almanar T.V, O T.V, Aljadeed and Aljazeera. I like "The Opposite Direction" programme so much. I also watch channels like "Aljazeera Documentary" and "International Geographic"; and Finally, I sometimes watch Syrian series, the realistic ones.

It is nice to watch programs that have special let me say *ممم direction  .
but we have to know what to watch

That is the point :wink:
to choose the programs and series that enable you to understand the real meaning of life  :roll:

thank you twice :  for your participation AND suggestion *1  *1

Write and Discuss

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks Cyrin agian  *1
Acually, I have a nice (topic) and I think it is a useful one to (be discussed)
" the benefits of Mobile"

Write and Discuss

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:25 am

سيرين,  
As usual , your topics are nice , simple , & important   *1  *1  *1
1-Are you fond of TV ?

I like T.V but I'm not fond of it because I consider it a killing time device that I can live without … and I believe that one can’t (succeed) in his life if he is fond of T.V , and that what I read in Stive chandler's ( 100 ways to motivate yourself ) ,in which he said that he wore a t-shirt written in it ( get rid of your T.V ) :idea:  …..

In my free time I like watching movies on ( mbc 2 , max , 4 ,fox movies …..etc ) ,I like to watch  some shows that are funny and useful at the same time and present  assorted  articles such as Opra show  that I think it is the best one woman show , and it was one of my dreams to have my own one as an Arabic version  :mrgreen: ,    I like watching documentaries especially when they are about animals , I like some programs when  the  interviewer is educated & good interlocutor like ( Ahmed Almansour , Turki Aldakheel , …..) , and of course I like Syrian Drama cause it reflects our reality , problems , and sufferings ,…

I don't think we can reduce the disadvantages of watching T.V unless we reduce the time of watching T.V  :arrow: especially for our children , because we ,as adults, can distinguish between  what is good or bad , and we know when we watch something bad that we are wasting our time  :roll: , but for children ,we have to control the quality & the quantity of watching T.V and this is related to their lifestyle , because as we know our children don't do anything but going to the school & watching T.V  :!: , so we have to increase their activities and develop their  interests to make them not only recipient  but also active persons who can face this tough life vigorously  :idea: .
Post a reply