Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: The Oasis of Love
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:06 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 94
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: السادسة
I have no topics yet

[englishtext][align=center]The Oasis of Love[/align]

[align=justify]The first meeting had happened because of the forefather's progeny, in the wasteland they had met, a woman and a man, they had talked to each other for the first time, the dialogue had to be transferred to every couple's conversation.
From west she came, from east he came, in a lifeless point they suddenly met, as if they spent all their life to meet in that barren land.
Under a worn palm, beside a small oasis they stood her face before his. No words had been uttered, but only goggling, scrutinizing each other. The beginning was a word, neither touch nor an action,
She: You !
He: You !
She: Whereto?
He: To you.
She: To me?
He: Yes to you.
She: Do you know me?
He: No
Silence…………………
He: Do you know me?
She: No.
He: Whereto?
She: To………
He: Aye?
She: I do not know.
He: Do you know what?
She: Hum
He: I know not.
She: Know not? Why do you ask "do you know what?"
He: I do not know.
She: Me is the same, I do not know
He: Where were you?
She: There
He: Thence?
She: No Thither.
He: What do you mean?
She: Far from here.
He: How did you spend all this time alone?
She: I was born alone, I lived alone.
He: Me too.
She: So..
He: I do not know.
She: I will have some rest under this palm.
He: Can I sit with you?
She: Of course.
They sat under the tree, they did not utter a word, silently their dispositions and their bodies' parts were discovered, they acquainted with one another. Every one of them talked with himself, what is next? What will happen after this sudden meeting? As if they determined their destiny, every one decided not to hide himself, but to let feelings, energy and everything to be freely out. She decided to begin the next conversation, but she did not know the subject that would be the introduction of their dialogue. She found that the question about his journey and his age will be a suitable one.
She: How old are you?
He: I do not know, maybe I had thirty winters and twenty nine summers.
She: Where are you from?
He: From the east, where the sun shines.
She: Did you walk for a long time?
He: Maybe for seven winters, I do not remember.
She wanted him to stop answering and ask her, because she got bored of the questioning way, but in vain he did not changed the side, he stayed answering, the thing which made her stop asking. Then he asked.
He: What about you?
She: What do you mean?
He: How old are you? Where are from? Why did you come here?
She found that there are many questions; she would slowly answer him, to lengthen the meeting period.
She: I am from the west, the destination where the sun used to sleep, I lived for many years quite alone, got bored of my life which is totally empty, I have nothing, I am sad because I will not be sad if I lose nothing, I want to be something, to have something, in all my life I found nothing but only boringness. I crossed lands and mountains with hope to find something valuable.
She wanted him to look at her, to touch her, to discover her body, to let her melt in his world, but he stared at the oasis while she was talking, the thing that made the situation more disappointing. She did not know what the man is, she was sitting with him side by side, she looked at his breast and forearms' muscles, she surveyed his body, then the same he did, he noticed her nourished honoured breast, her body details, leisurely his desires were aroused. She felt his excitement, he knew that she got the point about his desires when he saw her confusion. Both of them never felt before what they are having now, strange emotions, through out their life every one suffered from loneliness, the feeling of uncomplete life were their obsession.
He: all my life I felt that I need something I do not know what it is.
She looked at his face while he was talking, tried to focus on his mouth how he utters the words, the stillness all around, helped him to make his answer look like a composed music, her eyes harmonized with every uttered word, the whole sight was amazing, the last one was the most wonderful emotional one, when after momentary pause she came closer to him.
She: Me too, I need to be with some one who stays with me. To take care of me, to help me, to spend the time and the whole life together.
While she expressed her inward feelings he felt something new, he never ever felt, in fact both of them felt it. It is love and tenderness.
He: Do you know why you passed all these miles? Do you know why you wandered the land since years and years?
She: I do not know, but what I have now, is a deep inclination to stay with you.
He: With me? Inside of me, lives a yearning that I never felt before, I do not know what it is !!! I desiderated to live with someone who do care of me, and he is taken care by me.
She never spoke but she stayed silent, her eyes looked at the dusk, he observed her tears which dwelled for a short time inside their crystal home, he realized that these tears refer to a coming unexpected mirth. She moved into the oasis and the sun was before her face, an unbelievable sight was created by her body in the shade, the sun which became weak formatted a strange and amazing look, her body looked so dark, some parts of it which were bare enchanted him, lent the general sight more beautiful aspects, he never saw something like that, a human being which is different from him, with wonderful body, voice, appearance, eyes' brightness and every thing so sweet, he fell in strange ecstasy being looking to this charming sight, he could not do anything but following her, he softly put his hands on her hips, a deep connection had happened between them, she quivered, he felt her quivering only when she turned back to stand before him, she gestured as if she wanted to do something but her sentiment stopped her, he felt this feeling for the first time, nothing he realized, but he only stamped a kiss on her lips, then moved back, she closed her eyes, and grasped his hands, the thing which encouraged him to continue the thing that he did for the first time. They drowned into the world of the first discovering of love and affection. If she asked him if he knew what was going? Or if he asked her the same question, they would answer with no hesitation, it is the entity, where the land changed to heaven, as a fruit of love. [/align]
The End
On 18th of November. 2005[/englishtext]

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

Top .:. Bottom

• Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:00 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 25
Department: English Department
Grade: 4th
I have no topics yet

:wink: i'll read it first ,then I'll comment

• Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:43 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

[englishtext] If I were instead of you, I would read Adorah, and Unavoidable Suicide.
Anyway thanks for reading Oasis of love[/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:56 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 608
Grade: دبلوم ترجمة - متخرج
Name: أبو آدم
I have no topics yet

I read it . It is nice anyway in its philosophical ideas and wisdoms. I liked its language that is simple and clear , and It can be a formal short story ; moreover, I liked the repartee style of it.
Thanks ……Sheba

عنوانها :
( صفوة لتعليم اللغة الإنكليزية و الترجمة )

• Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:19 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Safwat, A big thankful greeting to you

• Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:22 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 608
Grade: دبلوم ترجمة - متخرج
Name: أبو آدم
I have no topics yet

Sheba,
Quote:
A big thankful greeting to you

aND BIGGER ONE TO YOU
A TALENTED MAN *1

عنوانها :
( صفوة لتعليم اللغة الإنكليزية و الترجمة )

• Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 43
Department: English
Grade: MA
I have no topics yet

This story reminds me of a scene from Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure

I don't consider this meeting a falling in love; it is rather a natural attrackiveness which may happen between a man and a woman when they are alone together

Thank you Sheba...It's a nice story any way

• Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:59 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 25
Department: English Department
Grade: 4th
I have no topics yet

Quote:
he did not changed the side

:wink: he did not change the side
Quote:
Where are from

Where are you from
Quote:
She did not know what the man is

She did not know who the man is
i think that who is used for people, and what is used for things
Quote:
someone who do care of me

someone who does take care of me *1
Quote:
if he knew what was going

if he knew what was going on *1

Sheba,
I should congratulate you for your amazing talent *ورود
I really liked two sentences in the story.They are
Quote:
He: From the east, where the sun shines.

Quote:
She: I am from the west, the destination where the sun used to sleep

They are nice indications of the West and the East *1

• Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:28 am 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 2
Department: English
Grade: نجحت عالرابعة
I have no topics yet

it's amazing , a living picture ,one can imagine each detail..
i'll make sure to read Adorah and Unavoidable Suicide later on
thanks  *ورود

• Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Yara,
Quote:
They are nice indications of the West and the East

Gloria,
Quote:
it's amazing , a living picture ,one can imagine each detail..
i'll make sure to read Adorah and Unavoidable Suicide later on

Thank you so much
You make me feel happy indeed

Nastia,

Well
I swear I never read Jude the Obscure
though I pass this subject