أهلا بك زائرنا الكريم في منتديات آرتين لتعليم اللغات (^_^)
اليوم هو السبت آذار 30, 2024 5:32 ص
اسم المستخدم : الدخول تلقائياً
كلمة المرور :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

آخر المشاركات

... آرتين ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. آخر رد: محمدابو حمود  .:.  الردود: 4   ... آرتين ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. آخر رد: محمد الربيعي  .:.  الردود: 2   ... آرتين ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. آخر رد: Jordan  .:.  الردود: 124   ... آرتين ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. آخر رد: aaahhhmad  .:.  الردود: 6   ... آرتين ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. آخر رد: مصطفى العلي  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. آخر رد: المرعاش  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. آخر رد: bassam93  .:.  الردود: 16   ... آرتين ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. آخر رد: ahmadaway  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

قوانين المنتدى

- يمكنكم في أي وقت زيارة قسم مكتبة اللغة الإنجليزية لنشر أو تحميل الكتب أو البرامج المتعلقة بهذا القسم .

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 3 مشاركة ] 
الكاتب رسالة
  • عنوان المشاركة: How to Learn Vocabulary
مرسل: الثلاثاء تشرين الأول 05, 2010 8:46 م 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 02 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 94
المشاركات: 4047
المكان: Hama
القسم: English Department
السنة: دبلوم ELT
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: أنثى ::

غير متصل

Learning Vocabulary

Which words should you learn? You will hear and read many new words. It will be difficult to remember all of them. Therefore, you will have to pick out the words that you most want to learn.

Which words should I learn?
You need to think about how useful a word may be to you. Some words may be suited to more casual and informal types of discourse, whereas others may more often occur in more formal and serious types of discourse. Try to consider how frequently a word or expression is used and in which sort of context it would be used. This can help you decide whether it is worth your time and effort to learn a word. Vocabulary words do not always occur alone. You need to take note of whether certain words are often used with other words in what we could call “fixed expressions” or “collocations”. Observing words in context is the best way to learn new vocabulary. However, it could be difficult to decide just which words to make an effort to learn. Words can fall into two categories for learners of English and English first language speakers alike: passive vocabulary and active vocabulary. Of course, there is some gray area where these two categories are concerned. We can also refer to passive and active vocabulary as receptive and productive.

What do I need to learn about a word?
A dictionary can give you information about the following: spelling, meaning, pronunciation, part of speech, inflected forms, grammatical features, collocations, similar or opposite words, and example phrases or sentences. When you write a word in your notebook, you may choose to write some or all of this information. It is up to you to decide how much information you are going to record. It is important to consider the following: Do I want to make this word part of my active vocabulary? Or is this a word that I want to understand when I read and listen? If you want to make a word part of your active vocabulary, then you should take notes on: spelling, meaning, pronunciation, part of speech, inflected forms, grammatical features, collocations, similar or opposite words, and example phrases or sentences.

How should you go about learning new words?
You should learn words in context. Don’t just memorize them. Notice how and where a word or expression is used. Try to find an interesting article in a newspaper or a magazine. Listen to English as much as possible: National Public Radio, BBC, movies, films, and music. Make notes of what you hear that is new. You can record radio shows in order to listen again.

Write new words and expressions in a vocabulary notebook. You can put words in alphabetical order. You can divide your notebook into sections for different parts of speech. Arranging words by date – the order in which you find them – is probably the easiest, but it is not necessarily the best. Do what is best for you. Try to be organized. You can record the words on a cassette and include useful information

أعلى .:. أسفل
 يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الثلاثاء تشرين الأول 05, 2010 9:53 م 
آرتيني متميّز
آرتيني متميّز
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 01 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 173
المشاركات: 3442
المكان: الحســـــكة
القسم: اللغة الإنكليزية
السنة: متخرج
الاسم: فادي حلواني
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: ذكر ::

غير متصل
Thank you so much for this useful topic Raghad. I read it

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الاثنين كانون الأول 20, 2010 10:47 ص 
آرتيني جديد
آرتيني جديد
اشترك في: 20 كانون الأول 2010
المشاركات: 3
القسم: اللغة الإنجليزية
السنة: متخرج في سنة 1985
الاسم: مفتاح سليمان
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
Thank you very much
I hope to God that puts it in your balance of good deeds

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 3 مشاركة ] 

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

لا تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى

البحث عن:
الانتقال الى:  

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لـ ©2012Art-En.com . تصميم بواسطة Art-En . راسلنا . سياسة الخصوصية . قوانين المنتدى