أهلا بك زائرنا الكريم في منتديات آرتين لتعليم اللغات (^_^)
اليوم هو الأحد أيار 05, 2024 9:23 م
اسم المستخدم : الدخول تلقائياً
كلمة المرور :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

آخر المشاركات

... آرتين ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. آخر رد: محمدابو حمود  .:.  الردود: 4   ... آرتين ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. آخر رد: محمد الربيعي  .:.  الردود: 2   ... آرتين ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. آخر رد: Jordan  .:.  الردود: 124   ... آرتين ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. آخر رد: aaahhhmad  .:.  الردود: 6   ... آرتين ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. آخر رد: مصطفى العلي  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. آخر رد: المرعاش  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. آخر رد: bassam93  .:.  الردود: 16   ... آرتين ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. آخر رد: ahmadaway  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

قوانين المنتدى

- يمكنكم في أي وقت زيارة قسم مكتبة اللغة الإنجليزية لنشر أو تحميل الكتب أو البرامج المتعلقة بهذا القسم .

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 5 مشاركة ] 
الكاتب رسالة
  • عنوان المشاركة: Essential hints about "Conjunctive Adverbs"- تلمحيات جوهرية حول ظروف الوصل/أحرف العطف التراكمية
مرسل: الجمعة تشرين الأول 28, 2011 12:25 ص 
مشرفة قسم قواعد اللغة الإنجليزية
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 11 آذار 2008
المواضيع: 39
المشاركات: 912
المكان: حمــــــــــــــــــــــــاه
القسم: ترجمة/لغـة إنكليـزية
السنة: Graduated
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: أنثى ::

غير متصل
5 Rules About Conjunctive Adverbs

Many words and phrases are similar in function to the conjunction and, but they’re not exact replacements; they even belong in a different grammatical class — adverbs. But because of this similarity, they’re called conjunctive adverbs or adverbial conjunctions. When considering using any of the special adverbs discussed below — the simplest and most common among this subclass — with or in place of and, keep these rules in mind:

1- As Well As” Stands Alone:

The phrase “as well as” serves to distance a phrase from a preceding item or list of items:
“Bioethics addresses issues of medical administration, medical economics, industrial medicine, epidemiology, legal medicine, treatment of animals, as well as environmental issues.”

Because “as well as environmental issues” is a separate phrase, the preceding list requires its own conjunction before the final item: “Bioethics addresses issues of medical administration, medical economics, industrial medicine, epidemiology, legal medicine, and treatment of animals, as well as environmental issues.”

2- Clauses Share Conjunctive Adverbs:
The presence of a conjunction in a subordinate clause obviates the need for another one in the main clause:
In addition to managing the application server and the database, the company also tackles Web applications.”

When you begin a sentence with a connector, do not introduce another later in the sentence: “In addition to managing the application server and the database, the company tackles Web applications.”

3- Conjunctions and Conjunctive Adverbs Clash:

Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, in a sample sentence demonstrating the definition of also, allows the combination “and also,” as shown in this construction:

“I did check-in procedures when they were first arrested and also checked them for weapons and such before they went into their rooms.”
However, I see no point in retaining also and recommend its deletion: “I did check-in procedures with them when they were first arrested and checked them for weapons and such before they went into their rooms.”

4- Let Etc. Carry Its Own Load:

A similar redundancy can occurs with etc.; fortunately, few people commit this error in their writing, but in searching for examples online, I found many company names following the “Widgets and Etc.” model. Etc., an abbreviation of the Latin et cetera (hence the pronunciation), means “and so on,” and so forth,” “and the like,” so preceding it with and is redundant.

By the way, style guides recommend using one of the English forms in favor of the Latin abbreviation. If you’re going to ignore this sensible advice, at least punctuate the sentence correctly by preceding the abbreviation with a comma: “Symptoms of alcohol abuse are identical to those of heart failure due to viral infection, high blood pressure, etc.” If etc. occurs mid-sentence, punctuate after it as well: “Symptoms of alcohol abuse are identical to those of heart failure due to viral infection, high blood pressure, etc., so it is easily misdiagnosed or missed.”

5-  Take Care in Placing Too

Too can be situated in various places in a sentence, depending on the sentence’s intended meaning:
Too, I think mediation should be considered.”

However, it should not start a sentence: “I think, too, mediation should be considered first,” in which the placement of too clearly indicates that the writer is expressing an additional thought, is the correct syntactical arrangement. “I think mediation should be considered, too,” while also correct, is ambiguous: It could mean the same thing, or it could signal agreement with another person’s opinion. “I, too, think mediation should be considered first” unequivocally communicates the latter meaning.

But don’t let the injunction against the adverbial conjunction too at the head of a sentence deter you from beginning one with the pure adverb too: “Too many cooks spoil the broth.”

I hope you to get benefit
My best regards for all  *ورود

When we are unable to find tranquillity within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere

أعلى .:. أسفل
 يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

• عنوان المشاركة: Essential hints about "Conjunctive Adverbs"- تلمحيات جوهرية حول ظروف الوصل/أحرف العطف التراكمية
مرسل: السبت تشرين الأول 29, 2011 12:15 ص 
المدير العام
المدير العام
اشترك في: 01 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 316
المشاركات: 4957
المكان: دوحة العرب
القسم: اللغة الانكليزية
السنة: متخرج
الاسم: فارس النائب
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: ذكر ::

غير متصل

Ranaa,  
Great topic and great efforts !
Allah bless you *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت تشرين الأول 29, 2011 12:23 ص 
صورة العضو الشخصية
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

فارس,

you're welcome Fares ^^
thank you very much for your participation  *1

When we are unable to find tranquillity within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت تشرين الأول 29, 2011 11:19 م 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 04 نيسان 2011
المواضيع: 45
المشاركات: 439
القسم: English
السنة: Second year
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
Ranaa,  
Thank you so much sis
May I ALLAH reward you
Greeting

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الاثنين تشرين الأول 31, 2011 1:42 ص 
صورة العضو الشخصية
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

étoile,  

You're wecolme dear  :wink:
hope you the best  *ورود

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 5 مشاركة ] 

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

لا تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى

البحث عن:
الانتقال الى:  

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لـ ©2012Art-En.com . تصميم بواسطة Art-En . راسلنا . سياسة الخصوصية . قوانين المنتدى