Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
  • Post subject: * The admitting seat *  Nastia
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 43
Department: English
Grade: MA
I have no topics yet

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  

This is my favourite sort of questions :mrgreen:
I'm afraid there won't be one-word answers because I have several favourite things and I can't decide which is the MOST favourite

Quote:
1- Your favourite writer!

Dan Brown (I'm carzy about him!!) .. I already mentioned other names of fav writers...

Quote:
2- Your favourite Poem!

I don't read poetry very much but I like a poem by Robert Frost, I can't remember it's title but it has something like:

"The woods are lovely dark and deep...
But I have promises to keep...
And miles to go before I sleep..."

Quote:
3- Your favourite Song!

I like Amy Lee's songs (Evanescence): "My Immortal", "Forever You", "Sally's Song", and Within Temptaion: "Aquarious ", "The Truth Beneath The Rose"....etc...

Quote:
4- Your favourite Movie!

I seldom see a movie, but there is a movie (Big) .. it has a nice story (the actor was Tom Hanks)

Quote:
6- Your favourite novel!

Again.. I don't know which one !! maybe "Angels and Demons"

Quote:
7- Your favourite play!

Arms and the Man

Quote:
8- Your favourite short story!

Princess September, The Force of Circumstance (Maugham).. this writer has a very nice style.. you never get bored of reading his short stories!

Quote:
9- Your favourite country!

the UK

Quote:
10- Your favourite QUOTATION !

Hmm, I have laods of quotes...
e.g. "You can only live once; but if you do it right, once is enough."

Quote:
11- Your favourite Proverb!

Sorry, I can't remember any proverb now.

Quote:
12- Your favourite TV programme!

CSI Miami/NY... and documentaries.

Quote:
13- Your favourite Season! and WHY?

I like spring.. because the colors of nature in this season fascinate me, and because it signifies a great idea which is "rebirth".. everything is new and full of life... *1

Quote:
14- Your favourite day!

Wednesday!! :mrgreen:

Quote:
15- Your favourite Doctor!

Actually, I like to hear a perfect accent when I listen to English, especially the American accent, so my favourite doctor would be the once who speaks a perfect American accent (there is a name but it's difficult to spell)

Quote:
16- Your favourite subject! in the university of course !!

I liked Prose and Linguistics (only the book with the green cover, 3rd year)

Quote:
17- Your favourite English word!

Faith

Quote:
and the last one, Your favourite question of these

All the questions were about my favourite things.. so.. all of them :mrgreen:

Quote:
I might ask you other questions later. GOD BLESS YOU !

Ok. Thanks for your questions. *1

Top .:. Bottom

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 15
I have no topics yet

(Alyosha's most shocking revelation for you in Brothers Karamazov is....

I read that novel so many years ago and you want me to remember Alyosha's revelations? Sorry!!
But I'm really curious to know the answer, will you make an effort and tell us?)

For me, it's when his brother feels the pricks of conscience because of sins he committed.  When a sinner confesses to a religious person, the sinner will feel better.  But imagine that the religious person to whom the sinner is trying to confess is sinner like him.  That's exactly what happened to Alyosha: his brother tried to confess to him but all of a sudden Alyosha blushed and confessed to his brother: "I'm the same like you".  Two sinners are confessing to each other.

Who can relieve the other?  If there's any relief!

This is according to the Christian tradition, of course.

Juvenal

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
Topics: 25
Department: English Literature
I have no topics yet

Nastia wrote:
Quote:
Actually, it's your posts Nastia that I like and the mind behind them I'm carious to discover

Thanks .. I'm here to confess, and if you discover anything let me know about it  

Now I can say that I do know a bit of that mind and of that character named Nastia :)
But, I won't say it to you :mrgreen:

Nastia wrote:
So I understand that names don't express people's characters? that's mostly true, coz someone can choose a fabulous and bright name while they are not really like that.. in general I like simple names.. you know what's my bluetooth name? it's (Rosemary).. just the name of a herb.. but I like it

That's it. As Fairoz sings " Our names are our very eyes" 8) By the way, I personally like your nickname and it's quit normal to choose a nickname of the characters we once read; that's how we love what we read, and how we express our assimilation of those characters. They're no more than our dreams at the end. :)  

Thanks a lot for the time you dedicated for answering my questions :mrgreen: _I think myself a show presenter :mrgreen:
I enjoyed reading your confession especially for Hussami's questions; his really seem to strike a chore with you.
I do not in the least regret choosing you to have this nice talk. I've always thought of you a good, hardworking, and open-minded girl who has certainly something to say. Don't think I 've just known Art-en and the distiguished Artenians since2009; no...I do so from the day it was launched *sla And I'm really inetrested in listening to girls like you *1

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 117
Department: ELT MA
I have no topics yet

Nastia,  
Hello our lovely victim. It's my turn now if you do not mind  :mrgreen:
Well, here are my questions:
1- Since we are at the end of 2010, I'd like to ask you some questions related to it:
* What does 2010 mean to you?
* What was the most significant thing that happened with you in 2010?
* What was the biggest lesson that you learned in 2010?
* A final word for 2010 before its departure.  :mrgreen:
* What do you wish to achieve in 2011?

2- What does "Love" mean to you? Talk about love in your point of view.

Good Luck  *1

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

حسامي,  

When did you read the novel?? :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for the information *1 *1 *1

أندلسية,  

Quote:
Now I can say that I do know a bit of that mind and of that character named Nastia  
But, I won't say it to you

I think you must be interested in what is called (character analysis).. particularly in literature where characters are analized according to what they say ... or maybe you're interested in psychology *sla *1
So you won't say anything? :cry: tell me please :cry: :cry:
*This reminds me of some radio programs where they say: give me your initials  and date of birth and I'll tell you everything about your character :lol: Don't you think we must know ourselves more than any other thing in the world?  8)  *1

Quote:
That's it. As Fairoz sings " Our names are our very eyes"  By the way, I personally like your nickname and it's quit normal to choose a nickname of the characters we once read; that's how we love what we read, and how we express our assimilation of those characters. They're no more than our dreams at the end.  

*1 *1 *1 *1

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the time you dedicated for answering my questions  _I think myself a show presenter  
I enjoyed reading your confession especially for Hussami's questions; his really seem to strike a chore with you.
I do not in the least regret choosing you to have this nice talk. I've always thought of you a good, hardworking, and open-minded girl who has certainly something to say. Don't think I 've just known Art-en and the distiguished Artenians since2009; no...I do so from the day it was launched  And I'm really inetrested in listening to girls like you

You are most welcome *1  I enjoyed answering your questions as well .. and thanks for your sweet comment... *ورود
I guess I'm gonna vote for you next time :P *1

زمردة,  

Quote:
Hello our lovely victim. It's my turn now if you do not mind  

I don't mind of course.. I can't say no anyway :mrgreen:

Quote:
* What does 2010 mean to you?

Personally, many new things happened in this year, so I'll call it "the year of revolution" :mrgreen:

Quote:
* What was the most significant thing that happened with you in 2010?

I can say I'm different now comparing to 2009... I became more optimistic and brave when I face life. There's also my application to the MA.

Quote:
* What was the biggest lesson that you learned in 2010?

I learned many things:
1- everything happens for a reason. e.g: if something bad happens in your life, it may be a kind of (test) for your patience, and if you pass the test and keep your patience... a miracle might happen and everything will be straight again .. just believe in the justice and mercy of God :)

2- You will be paid for your work and intentions whether they are good or bad, even now, in this earthly life !!

3- You have the power to achieve whatever you want.. just concentrate on your goal.

..Do you want more? :mrgreen:

Quote:
* A final word for 2010 before its departure.  

You are like human beings... bound to die.

Quote:
* What do you wish to achieve in 2011?

I hope I can achieve everything I couldn't do yet...

Quote:
2- What does "Love" mean to you? Talk about love in your point of view.

What does love mean to me? it's for life, for my parents, for some relatives and friends... *1
but if you mean love in the romantic sense.. it's another point.. because it has been so much distorted .. I really feel sick when I see the rubbish in all the songs, films, series.. and even in the university !! it became something very cheap and worn-out !!    :?  

Thanks for your questions, and happy new year in advance *1

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 15
I have no topics yet

(When did you read the novel??)

six years ago

Juvenal

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

حسامي,  
You have a brilliant memory *good
But this is more recent than my reading of it :mrgreen:

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
I have no topics yet

Quote:
Don't you think we must know ourselves more than any other thing in the world?

This is the river we live on along; the more a river has supplementary resources, the  fresher and richer its water would be. :wink:
Quote:
So you won't say anything?  tell me please  
*This reminds me of some radio programs where they say: give me your initials  and date of birth and I'll tell you everything about your character

Oh, dear! Come on…did you think  I wanted to tell you of your future, career, etc.! Goodness! :mrgreen:
Anyway,456999987699088
This is  the number of my bank account , if you add some money there, I'd think on it and tell u all you ever dreamt of. 8)
Here are some questions also, if you answer them honey, you may pay less. :)  It's SALES cheer up! :wink:

We recognize divine justice only when things go on in the way we dream of.

Many educated, sensitive, and well-brought up girls choose to be single.

Many doctors in our universities talk about change in their lectures, but once they take a position in the administration they change nothing.

The reliability of our educational system is on stake.

When a girl awkwardly lets you down, do you feel sorry for her or for yourself?

Once you  looked at your face in a mirror to find out slight wrinkles here and there.

*ورود  *ورود

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Last edited by أندلسية on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

أندلسية,  
Quote:
Here are some questions also, if you answer them honey, you may pay less.   It's SALES cheer up!

Your questions hit the core of great ideas..  so my reward must be great  *sla  8)
Quote:
We recognize divine justice only when things go on in the way we dream of.

Divine justice is not a thing we can judge.. it's a thing we must believe in even in the hardest times... In general, people ought to be always expecting the mercy and justice of God.. this idea is regularly seen in the Quran. In contrast, everyone in this life has things they want to be settled, they may not be settled at all and death would be the only relief (in some cases) so justice is only from God .. not from people!!

Quote:
Many educated, sensitive, and well-brought up girls choose to be single.

It's up to them  :mrgreen:

I think they don't just choose to be single as you said, because usually an educated girl expects someone who's also educated and well-brought up .. so when she doesn't find him, she prefers to be single because she thinks that loneliness is better than bad company.. :roll:
But here we can't generalize... because there's also so many cases where educated girls marry uneducated men...  :!:
Quote:
Many doctors in our universities talk about change in their lectures, but once they take a position in the administration they change nothing.

I don't get it.. if they took a position in the administration, they wouldn't give lectures.. unless they are administrators and doctors at the same time?! *ممم

Well, if they did that, simply the would be lying *hh
Quote:
The reliability of our learning system is on stake.

You mean "teaching system", right? *1
Well, do we have a teaching system??!!!!!   :evil:  I remember when I was in the university (1st to 4th years) I didn't attend most of the lectures and I always passed while a lot of those who attended failed!! students pass  because they study, not because there is a good educational system :evil:
Quote:
When a girl awkwardly lets you down, do you feel sorry for her or for yourself?

If she's a close friend, I feel sorry for both of us!! and if she's not very close to me, I just ignore her and lose my trust in her. *hh
Quote:
Once you  looked at your face in a mirror to find out slight wrinkles here and there.

I won't waste my time thinking about that coz every stage in life has it's own beauty,  *sla  *ورود

*1  *1  *1  *1

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:42 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
I have no topics yet

thanks again  Nastia,   *1

you do well :mrgreen:

I'll try to give up questions :wink:  
and I wish you cool weekend :)

salam.. *1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next