Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: Writers-Novels-Passions
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:09 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 94
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: السادسة
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]The cause of this topic, in fact Nikki and Sheba started to talk about Latin people, and books they read before, plus Nikki suggested that why we do not share what we read. I think it is a great idea, since we love reading like water. Then Yara suggested a new topic and I know why, because the mainstream of the topic was WHAT YOU DID IN SUMMER.

Here I will begin:

The Mark Of The Lion (Trilogy) by Francine Rivers (Female Writer)

-A Voice in the wind
-An Echo in the darkness
-As sure as the dawn

Review:
I read the first and the second book, the third still on roof. Actually this trilogy talks in the 1st and 2nd book about a girl called Hadassah from Jerusalem whose her father, mother, sister, and brother killed when the roman legions invaded Palestine after few years of the death of Christ Jesus. Hadassah is newly converted from Jew to Christian, she was the only one who survived from her family, she witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem. When she took to Rome, and worked as a slave in a rich family, she was considered as Jew, because Christianity was not known but only for few people at that time.

Hadassah through her service in the house of this rich family faces many things, difficulties, and even she was betrayed by her own mistress, the one Hadassah faithfully serves.

For me, in last three page of the 1st book, and I still remember this, it was 4:30 A.M suddenly the author makes me cry, I through the book and started to cry over an hour. It was horrible scene. I will not talk about it, because maybe you will read the novel.

The Divine Roman by Gene Edwards:

Review:
A book of power, beauty, and grandeur. It talks about God and how he feels toward the his people and nations. A great novel describes how God gives birth to Christ Jesus.
I am not Christian but I was surprised that these books were concerned about Christian, but it is not sectarian books you know, they are only Literature, and lately I discovered that TYNDLE publisher, publishes only books consider the atmosphere of religious book, novel, consider Christianity and Christ Jesus as main theme.

The Da Vinci Code  by Dan Brown.

I think this novel is so-call between the best-seller contemporary novelists.

Review:
It talks about Mary Magdalene as the wife of Jesus Christ. Also this novel focus on the femininity, deity, and how the formula of God turned from Feminine Gods into Masculine God in our present time.
The novel is basically drama and moving fiction, focus on the secret cup of the Christ. Also the Novel and Dan Brown doubt the deity of Jesus Christ as most of Christian believe, and he also thinks that Christ got married from Mary Magdalene, the heir of leading the church after Christ, and from this point, the author shows how John, his follower fight against Mary Magdalene and took the leading instead of her. In the end it is all theories.

And as Robert Crais said "The more I read the more I had to read."  

Vengeance  by George Jonas

Review:
It is about 11 Israeli athletes are murdered on 5 Sept. 1972 by Palestinian terrorists, and the novel is the chilling account of how they were avenged.
The novel, is non-fiction which recounts the story of Avner, the leading member of his group who traveled to Europe to take revenge over the leading and famous Palestinian leaders.
It also reveals the other side of the coin: the terrible paradox that result when those in power, in a desperate bid against terrorism, resort to the very tactics of their enemies.

Here what G. Jonas said at the end of the novel, it is dazzling:
"One can in terms of moral justification, distinguish between counter-terrorism and terrorism in the same way one distinguishes between acts of war and war crimes. There are standards; terrorism is on the wrong side of them; counter-terrorism is not. It is possible to say that the Palestinian cause is as honorable as the Israeli cause; it is not possible to say that terror is as honorable as resisting terror. Ultimately both the morality and usefulness of resisting terror are contained in uselessness and immorality of not resisting it." Toronto 16 June 1983

Death Day   by Shaun Huston (British)

Review:
For hundred years ago, a woman died in agony to keep the secret of a golden disk and went to her grave with it hung around her neck. Now, in a desolate graveyard, a workman has unearthed the amulet by chance and decides to keep it. His first mistake that he killed both, his wife and his daughter, and then the whole city were turned to vampires and mess. Wherever the amulet is found, ancient evil – hideous, power and vile – is once again reborn.

The Green Mile  by Stephen King.

Review:
I think many of you have watched the motion picture of this novel, _ the film _ . This novel is amazing, and if you want to read contemporary panic drama and thrill mixed together, read any work of Stephen King. The novel recounts the story of supernatural man who was condemned to death in the electric chair in Cold Mountain. Prison Guard, Paul Edgecombe sees his share of oddities in his years working the Mile. But he has never seen anyone like John Coffey, a man with the body of a giant and the mind of a child. This guard discover the truth that will challenge his most cherished beliefs and yours.

Well-schooled in Murder  by Elizabeth George

Review:

I think this is police and sort of thing of hard crimes to observe. When thirteen-year-old Mathew Whately goes missing from his School, a prestigious public school of West Sussex. Inspector Thomas Lynely receives a all for help from the Lad's housemaster _ the director of the School. Many characters including the inspector, detective sergeant Barbara Havers find themselves involved in the search of this beautiful child, and then tragically for a child killer.
This novel takes you to suspect everyone and everyone might be the killer, personally I was taken many times to suspect that then this, and finally I was shaken when I know the truth who killed this 13-year boy, who makes me think about my brother who is going to school for his first grade in primary.

Love in the Time of Cholera  by Gabriel Garcia Marques

It is an amazing celebration of the many kinds of love between men and women. The TIMES

Review:

On the Caribbean coast at the dawn of the 20th century hopeless romantic Florention Ariza falls passionately for beautiful Fermina Daza, - but tragically his love is rejected. Instead Fermina Daza marries distinguish Dr. Juvenal Urbino, while Florentino can only forget her in the arms f other women. Yet 51 years, 9 months, 4 days later Florentino has another chance to profess his enduring love for Fermina Daza, after the sudden death of her husband.
It is a love story of astonishing power and delicious funny, and an anatomy of love in all its forms.
I did not like the way Marquz write, because it is always narrative, and I like direct speech, so I find the novel not interesting, but what can I do, it is my birthday gift for this year, but truly it reveals how men and women think of each other even when they are in old lose to death.

Let me hear yours.      [/englishtext]

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

Top .:. Bottom

• Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]About the novels I write and the new coming one, feel free to ask me about them:

Men Create What Women Hate 2006

and

The Kiss of Babylon Vol.1

and

Working on

Death Cult Armageddon

I have also website, if you are concerned, ask me and I will send it privately.

It is an Advertisments
:) :D[/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:35 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 1
Department: English Department
Grade: Fourth Year
I have no topics yet

Hi Sheba
Do you actually have and read all those novels wonderful amazing.
By the way you said something about the narrative style of Marquez and I think that it is a common trait among Latin writers because Isabelle Allende follows the same style but I find it enchanting and charming not boring at all

• Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:55 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 32
Department: EN
Grade: ----
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]Hi Sheba u r plainly doing good  and thanx for such a topic.
actually ur collection drew my attention.However,I have a small question (it may look silly somehow)
did u read these novels in English ? and how could u find free time for reading such a number of novels(considering that English novels
take a long time for us-as foreign readers-to read ,as we can see in our own curricula, and the shortness of time ) [/englishtext]

Last edited by Saher on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:37 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 25
Grade: 4th
I have no topics yet

[align=left]In fact Sheba I should congratulate you for this wonderful topic and way of writing *good
besides I like Latin people and I thought that it is a good chance
to write something about them under a clear title.....and I asked you
to write about it not only because of what you said earlier,but also because people who love to read about these info are not going to know that they are located in the comments of a topic that deals with summer stuff :)
*1            *1               *1             *1
I have some comments ......and I know that it's because you are typing in a hurry :D ,but as I said ......so that everyone gets benefits
Quote:
whose her father

whose father
Quote:
few years of the death of Christ Jesus

Jesus Christ
Quote:
converted from Jew to Christian

from Judaism to Christianity
Quote:
When she took to Rome

when she was taken
Quote:
Christianity was not known but only for few people at that time.

by only few people
Feminine Gods = goddesses(without capitalization because we only capitalize the first word of the word God when we mean the only God that we believe i.e the Almighty)
Quote:
Christ got married from Mary

got married to
Quote:
For hundred years ago

A hundred years ago
Quote:
who makes me think about my brother who is going to school for his first grade in primary

take it easy.... it is just a story :wink: [/align]

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:23 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]Yara, thank you for correction again and again.

Formally we say Christ Jesus, and if you want to see this, I will show you many novels and books which used the same term.

Wallah ya Yara, I feel always fear, that my little brother might dace danger in his school first days. He is only 6 years, and he is not used on the horribly children of our country, he is painter.[/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:29 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Sahir wrote:
[englishtext]Hi Sheba u r plainly doing good  and thanx for such a topic.
actually ur collection drew my attention.However,I have a little question (it may look silly somehow)
did u read these novels in English ? and how could u find free time for reading such a number of novels(considering that English novels
take a long time for us-as foreign readers-to read ,as we can see in our own curricula, and the shortness of time ) [/englishtext]

[englishtext]Your question is not silly at all.
I think if I am born, it is for the reason of writing and reading. English only!!!!!

Yeah I read them all, in less than six months, and I am not proud of that.

Actually my friend from Sydney sends me books always, so I have a good count of English and American authors, and when I will read new novels I will add the impression in here.

Mey you have to find time for ENGLISH, or you will miss it.

I do not know, I feel I want to read everything written in English.

I also read TIME, it is so hard to read and understand the words used in journals, because as you know it is made for adults and matures.

See you[/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:34 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Nikki wrote:
Hi Sheba
Do you actually have and read all those novels wonderful amazing.
By the way you said something about the narrative style of Marquez and I think that it is a common trait among Latin writers because Isabelle Allende follows the same style but I find it enchanting and charming not boring at all

[englishtext]Nikki, you did not tell us about the account of these two novels you read.

Um, I do not really like narrative style, it makes me feel boring, I like direct speech.
I think for Marquz, that I will never read his works, though I read in internet that when we read his works as beginners, we will feel the same thing I felt, but lately if we read more works we will like him. I thoght that I must not like everything I read.[/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:43 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 32
Department: EN
Grade: ----
I have no topics yet

Thanks Sheba
keep working hard .your future is so auspicious :wink:

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:52 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 25
Grade: 4th
I have no topics yet

[align=left]Sheba, keep your good work up *1
I believe that if you listen to any pray or even if you search in any dictionary, you'll find that Christ Jesus is a wrong expression .......it is Jesus Christ :wink: the right expression......
Quote:
he is not used on

used to
Quote:
it makes me feel boring

bored
Quote:
keep working hard .your future is so auspicious

you bet :wink:[/align]