Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 am
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject:
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:14 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
Topics: 1
Department: English Department
Grade: Fourth Year
I have no topics yet

Hi everyone . this is the accont for the novels that Sheba wanted
1- the daughter of fortune : it talks about the life of Eliza Sommers  Whose true identity and biological roots are unrevealed till the last few sections of the the story. She was brought to the Sommres' home in Chile where they relocated after emigrating from England by an annonymous and she was brought up by Miss Rose and her two brothers Jeremy and Captin John.  raised according to the aristocratic english standars , being now 16 Eliza rebels against these norms when she falls madly in love with Joaquin a guy of an inferior social class. Eliza manages to keep their relationship secret from everyone except for her nanny who could guess at the changes of her attitude. at the same time the epidemic of gold that was so widespread in California was taking over the minds of all people of all nations who were fooled by the idea of an  easy fortune since it was circulated that gold was to be found everywhere you turn in  the new world. Joaquin like all the young men of his age decides to try his luck in  California and travels there. this is where Eliza's journey begins when , finding out that she is pregnant , decides to follow her man keeping it secret from Miss rose who is later revaeled to be her biological aunt and Captin John to be her Father. With the help of Tao , the Chinese cook of her fatrher uncle John Eliza escapes to San Fransisco. Eliza spends three years lost in the wide lands  of America disguised as the stupid brother of Tao in her everlasting search of Joaquin. later at the end of the story we feel that Eliza is sick of looking for Joaquin and is attracted to Tao whom she marries in the second novel .

2: Portrait in Sepia : this novel revolves around the life of Aurora , Eliza and Tao's granddaughter to their daughter Lynn . From her childhood Aurora is an orphan since Lynn dies giving birth to her daughter . she is raised by her grandparents who loved her very much especially Tao. It is shown that Aurora has a post traumatic shock that made her lose her recollection of the incidents that preceeded this shock . Consequently the first 5 years of her life are completely lost and this loss is asserted by her other grandmother Paulina to Whom she was given to be raised after the death of Tao . the violent murder of Tao infront of her eyes is later known to be the reason of her shock.
The house of spirits: have not read it yet
I know it is too long but I hope you like it and that is for everyone

Top .:. Bottom

• Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 94
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: السادسة
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]Nikki, thanks for briefly telling us the two accounts of the novels you read, to know what I felt, I feel dazzeled, thank you again. For me I did not understand the genenal issue of what you have read, may be if I read what you wrote more and more, I will get to the main point of every novel.
Thank you[/englishtext]

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

• Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 am 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

[englishtext]This is after reading what your account once again. It seems interesting. I think the third novel will be concluding one.

Nikki if you are interested in read some of what I wrote, giving me your viewpoint I will appreciate this.
Just to know what people may think about what I write.

Thanks [/englishtext]

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:37 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
I have no topics yet

Hi Sheba
I think that you did an interesting job with all your novels but i liked three more than the others
1. The Divine Roman because it tells exactly what i believe in
2. The Green Mile because of the movie
3. The Da vinci Code because it is a great thriller although I did not like the idea that  i think was completely false and has no practical evidence
By the way I also read a book by Josh Mcdowell in which he writes a sort of research in a form of a story to refute Dan Brown's evidence mentioned in the Da vinci Code

• Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:30 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Quote:
Hi Sheba
I think that you did an interesting job with all your novels but i liked three more than the others
1. The Divine Roman because it tells exactly what i believe in
2. The Green Mile because of the movie
3. The Da vinci Code because it is a great thriller although I did not like the idea that i think was completely false and has no practical evidence
By the way I also read a book by Josh Mcdowell in which he writes a sort of research in a form of a story to refute Dan Brown's evidence mentioned in the Da vinci Code

Thanks for reply, I am surprised you read all these books too, though you are still young and 2nd year, good for you

For Dan brown he is great fiction-and moving fiction-maker
and I heard that many writers, and critics, criticize him for his last work
I do not pay attention for this account
I liked his moving fiction regardless the issues and its evidences

Hey be in touch and wait his next novel which will talk about Mason

Bye

• Post subject:
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:42 pm 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
I have no topics yet

Hi again
I hope that you would keep me updated with your last reviews and i will always be in touch regarding this topic

• Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
I have no topics yet

Nikki wrote:
Hi again
I hope that you would keep me updated with your last reviews and i will always be in touch regarding this topic

[englishtext]Of course Nikki, I will.[/englishtext]