Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: Symbols Explained !!
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:47 pm 
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
Topics: 60
Department: Literature, Film, and Theatre
Grade: MA
I have no topics yet

Peace and mercy of Allah be upon you!

Today I have a new idea. We always come across different symbols, and we want to know what do these symbols mean. In this topic we will try to highlight  some of these symbols. We can add a symbol and its meaning according to the western cultures. I want to draw your attention  to the fact that the explanations of the symbols might not be true  when looking at them from Islamic or Arab point of view. We present symbols as people look at them, so that we know something about the other cultures.

I will start with the symbol of Medusa:

In Greek myth Medusa was once beautiful, but having made love in the temple of Athene, she was changed by the goddess into a harridan, with snakes for hair, who could turn a man into stone with her gaze. She symbolizes fear, specifically men's fear of women's swift  transformations of mood. Medusa's head frequently appeared as a protective talisman on weapons and shields.

"We are the choices we have made."

Last edited by Odysseus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top .:. Bottom

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 am 
I have no topics yet

Ma-Ku

In Chinese mythology, Ma-Ku was benificent sorceress who personified the goodness in all people. In here first avatar (picture above), she reclaimed a large tract of land from the sea and planted it with mulberry trees. In another incarnation, Ma-Ku tricked her cruel father into giving his slaves more rest. Her father became violently angry and Ma-Ku fled to become a hermit. Her father was overcome with remorse and went blind through weeping: Ma-Ku returned to comfort her father and bathe his eyes with a curative potion.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
I have no topics yet

The Three Realms

In this 17th-century design the basic shapes of circle, square (or rectangle) and tiangle are used to represent the realms of God, manking and Satan. The upper circle (1) is Jehovah, the infinte first cause, which the trianular rays of creation streaming both outward and inward; the lower circle (2) represents the world of angels and highrer spiritual elements operating under God. The four triangles represent heaven (3), denoted by stars, angels and the symbol of the planet Mercury, rising above the elements of earth (4; sulphur, stones and beast), air (5; meteors, planets and birds), and water (6; metals, fish and salt). Mankind is symbolized by the circle (7) straddling heaven and earth. The rectangle (8) at the base stands for the realms of hell and within them fire and chaos. Satan is the semicircle (9), a symbol of incompleteness.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 pm 
المدير العام
المدير العام
Topics: 316
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: متخرج
Name: فارس النائب
I have no topics yet

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  
*ممم  *ممم
Interesting *ممم

Keep it up  *1

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 pm 
I have no topics yet

فارس,  

All-Seeing Eye

The Eye of Providence, or the all-seeing eye of God, is a symbol showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God watching over humankind. It is found in many eras and cultures. It is generally a symbol of the watchful and protective power of the Supreme Being, especially when that entity is considered in a solar or heavenly context.

Freemasons

The All Seeing Eye is a symbol of Freemasonry, representing the Great Architect of the Universe. The Eye first appeared as part of the standard iconography of the Freemasons in 1797, with the publication of Thomas Smith Webb's Freemasons Monitor.
Here, it represents the all-seeing eye of God and is a reminder that a Mason's thoughts and deeds are always observed by God (who is referred to in Masonry as the Great Architect of the Universe). Typically, the Masonic Eye of Providence has a semi-circular glory below the eye. Sometimes the Eye is enclosed by a triangle.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
Topics: 25
Department: English Literature
I have no topics yet

Ala Al-Ibrahim,  
thanks for the nice informative topic *1
the most interesting ones are:
Quote:

All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Freemasons

but, I think there is a similar topic in this section_ Share us your Decoding - Symblos Explaining_ *ممم by  :roll: قاسم عيسى

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:45 am 
I have no topics yet

أندلسية

Yes, I remember know the other topic. So we have two topics here about symbols. Then there is no need for this topic

About the picture in your signature, is it taken from "The Sound of Music" film?

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
I have no topics yet

salam,

Quote:
Then there is no need for this topic

no, there's a need actually.
it's as I've said a good and interesting topic, so just keep on brother here or in previous topic I don't know the procedures followed in this site; what matter is to keep on  :wink:   *1

Quote:
About the picture in your signature, is it taken from "The Sound of Music" film?

no, it's the cover of one of Ernest Hemingway's collections.

وَمَا يُلَقَّـاهَـا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَـبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَـظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm 
I have no topics yet

أندلسية

Quote:
so just keep on brother here or in previous topic

Ok then; since my method is different from Quassim's, I will continue to post new things here.
Quote:
it's the cover of one of Ernest Hemingway's collections

I thought it is from "The Sound of Music" movie because there is almost the same scene in that film; even the heroine of the movie resembles the figure of this picture vey much.

I will continue to write about Freemasons.

11, 13 and 33

The Illuminati / Freemason Signature

by Robert Howard

In my research regarding the Freemason's, United States Presidents and The Masonic Power Structure I was constantly running into the number 13 and 33. This research confirmed that most of the founding fathers were Masons. It also confirmed that most of the Presidents were Masons. My first run in with 13 of course was the 13 colonies. Second was the great Seal.
"The numbers 3, 7, 9,11,13, 33, 39. Any multiple of these numbers have special meaning to the Illuminati. Notice that the Bilderberg Group has core of 39 members who are broken into 3 groups of 13 members in each group. Notice that the core of 39 answers to the 13 who make up the Policy Committee. Take special notice that the 13 members of the Policy Committee answer to the Round Table of Nine. You know that the original number of states in the United States of America was 13. The Constitution has 7 articles and was signed by 39 members of the Constitutional Convention." Secret Societies / New World Order: by Milton William Cooper
Occultists the world over believe that, once a symbol is created, it acquires power of its own, and more power is generated when such symbol(s) are created without the profane [uninitiated] knowing about it. And, the greatest power of all is created in the symbol(s) if the uninitiated NEVER discover that the symbol exists.

Now look at the following photos very well:

Did you notice the number 13 ???

There are 13 leaves on the left olive branch with 13 berries. 13 stripes on the middle shield. 13 arrows on the right.  13 stars above the eagles head. 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon. 13 letters in Annuit Coeptis. There are 13 blocks top to bottom on the pyramid. Fritz Springmeir in his The 13 Bloodlines says these 13 blocks represent the 13 Satanic family's. In the circles at the end of the hexagram points it even spells the word Mason. The Roman Numerals at the bottom of the Pyramid: MDCCLXXVI. We do not have to add them together to get the MARK OF THE BEAST OR THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME. John does not tell us to ADD THEM TOGETHER. It is not that we cannot add them together, but the point is John does not TELL US TO ADD THEM TOGETHER. We then will take a different tact to solve the riddle. We will use EXACTLY WHAT THE BIBLE TELLS US: 600, 60 and 6. We will start with the REVERSE GREAT SEAL, the SEAL THAT DANIEL GAVE TO US. Embedded at the base of the PYRAMID ARE THE ROMAN NUMERICAL LETTERS: "MDCCLXXVI".
Now you would normally read that as 1776, which is correct. THAT IS THE "OBVIOUS" MEANING OF THOSE LETTERS. But what is the HIDDEN NUMERICAL VALUE OF THOSE LETTERS? And what if we took all of the Roman Numerals together and added them up? The Romans used the following letters for their number system: DCLXVI with D=500, C=100, L=50, X=10, V=5, nd I - 1. The M letter (Mason) was not used until much later. Now if we take these letters and add them all up, we come to 666.
E.W. Bullinger writes:

"As to the significance of thirteen, all are aware that it has come down to us as a number of ill-omen. Many superstitions cluster around it, and various explanations are current concerning them.

"Unfortunately, those who go backwards to find a reason seldom go back far enough. The popular explanations do not, so far as we are aware, go further back than the Apostles. But we must go back to the first occurrence of the number thirteen in order to discover the key to its significance. It occurs first in Gen. xiv. 4, where we read 'Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and the thirteenth year they REBELLED.'
"Hence every occurrence of the number thirteen, and likewise of every multiple of it, stamps that with which it stands in connection with rebellion, apostasy, defection, corruption, disintegration, revolution, or some kindred idea." (Bullinger, E.W. Number in Scripture, Kregel Publications, (c)1967, p. 205).
Was not the founding of America in REBELLION of England? The number 13 is the freemasons number.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 am 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
I have no topics yet

Quote:
11, 13 and 33

The Illuminati / Freemason Signature

Quote:
Did you notice the number 13 ???

*ممم  *ممم  *ممم
It seems better to read in morning :roll:
they're harder than Davinci codes :mrgreen:  

anyway, it's useful to know about these quite 'known' things. *1  

Quote:
even the heroine of the movie resembles the figure of this picture vey much.

wow what a poor man! didn't you notice the girl is brunette :wink: and that of the film is blond. and by the way both resemble opposite things.