Welcome in Art-En For Learning Languages (^_^)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 pm
Username : Remember me
Password :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

Latest Posts

... Art-En.com ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. last poster: محمدابو حمود  .:.  replies: 4   ... Art-En.com ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. last poster: محمد الربيعي  .:.  replies: 2   ... Art-En.com ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. last poster: Jordan  .:.  replies: 124   ... Art-En.com ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. last poster: aaahhhmad  .:.  replies: 6   ... Art-En.com ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. last poster: مصطفى العلي  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. last poster: المرعاش  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. last poster: bassam93  .:.  replies: 16   ... Art-En.com ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. last poster: ahmadaway  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0   ... Art-En.com ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. last poster: أبو عمر  .:.  replies: 0

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Warning :
- In this section , you can write in English only ; writing in any other language is forbidden !!! :idea:

• Post subject: In The Closet
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 608
Department: اللغة الانكليزية
Grade: دبلوم ترجمة - متخرج
Name: أبو آدم
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,  
great .........I will  try it  *1

عنوانها :
( صفوة لتعليم اللغة الإنكليزية و الترجمة )

Top .:. Bottom

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 68
Department: E
Grade: ماستر/ELT...
I have no topics yet

Quote:
"I hate big mirrors."

SO STRANGE *ممم
Quote:
big mirrors reveals the whole truth,

I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S THE REAL REASON, IT'S NOT ENOUGH. PERHAPS YOU NEED TO BE MORE CONFIDENT, MIRRORS HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH CONFIDENCE.

Nelson Mandela

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:33 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 117
Department: ELT MA
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,  
Well, I'd like to say that your English is beautiful  *1

Quote:
Things you do or happen to you, but you find yourself unable to figure out "WHY?"

Actually, I think that nothing happens for no reason. We may forget why  we like or hate such things but we keep doing so regardless of the reason itself.
For example, my favourite day of the week is "Tuesday"
I asked myself too many times why but with no answer  *ممم  Once I thought deeply why I liked this day the most then I discovered that always good things happend to me on Tuesdays  
Quote:
"I hate big mirrors."

Think deeply about that. There must be a reason maybe because of a story from your childhood  *ممم

Anyway, I'll try to think one more time about things that I do or happen to me and I find myself unable to figure out "WHY?"  :wink:

Sticky  *1

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
I have no topics yet

Quote:
The truth is I FEAR THEM, especially when it's dark.

*ممم  FRANKLY I NEED TO ADMIT THAT MIRRORS ARE TERRIFYING AT NIGHT.I TRY TO COVER MY MIRROR WHEN I GO TO BED BECAUSE IT REFLECTS MY IMAGE. I DON'T KNOW WHY SOMETIMES I COVER IT. I REALLY DON'T KNOW OR IT'S BETTER TO SAY THAT I'VE NEVER TRIED TO THINK WHY. DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE SOMETHING VAGUE OR WE ARE VERY WEAK?

Nelson Mandela

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:16 am 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
Topics: 94
Department: English Department
Grade: دبلوم ELT
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,  
It's a very good idea  *1
Quote:
The truth is I FEAR THEM, especially when it's dark. I don't know from where this phobia comes from, but it's terrifying.

Really the same thing happened to me  :? I don't like them and I can't look at them at night when it's dark  :roll: you made me think about the reason but really I couldn't find any strict reason for this fear but I thought of Abeer's reason .. maybe it's right but I don't know  :!:

As for me, I hate the waves' sounds, at night also. I can't listen to them and I always try to do something to forget their sounds ... I don't know the reason but I imagine they are the sounds of the dead bodies drown in the sea  :? It's a funny reason I know but this is the truth.
If you think there is a reason for that please add it may be it is the hidden truth for me  :|

Thanx again for this nice topic  *1

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 pm 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
I have no topics yet

Quote:
it turns out that the ancients thought that some kinds of devils or demons live in mirrors especially in the big ones,

this sentence (reminds) me with what my mum used to tell me regarding the bebies. She used to say that I shouldn't let a baby to say his refliction in a mirror because my granny used to say this will scare the baby and sometimes (drive) him crazy. Well I don't believe in this but I try to follow it.
Quote:
reflect our bad side

When I look deeply in a mirror for a long time I see, or it's better to see I imagine some strange things. I may see my image as a bad, evil & ugly one. So I agree with what old people said.

Nelson Mandela

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:53 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 27
Grade: graduated
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,  
Thank u very much for this fascinating topic .
Quote:
"I hate big mirrors."

.  I have an opposite feeling concerning  mirrors . I love mirrors.
Actually , I always keep a mirror in my bag , and I keep one when I set alone or when I watch T.V . I always look for a mirror when I walk or for any reflecting surface . I  don't think it's an obsess but maybe I love looking to myself  *sla

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 29
Grade: رابعة
I have no topics yet

Nice topic indeed, well you deserve 5/5 *good

I liked this game and will share you with it.

For the mirrors thing, I love mirrors of cours -I'm a girl and all girls love mirrors- but I would love to add that we -girls- will fear mirrors if we happened to find ourselves in a room made of mirrors and will soon get lost and crumble down. I didn't try it, and will never too. 8)

One of the things that I have no explanation for is that whenever I made pizza and rolling the dough to stretch it I have a headache.
I'm still wondering why, because it's not like a normal headache, it's more painful and really crazy one. I once left everything in the kitchen and went to bed because I felt that my head will blow up. :?
I take no medicine for that, and will never stop making  dough for pizza.

Fill my fond heart with God alone, for he
Alone can rival, can succeed to thee.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:58 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 27
Grade: graduated
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,

Quote:
As the legend goes, if you say this spell three times in front of a big mirror after mid-night, and if you're lucky enough, you'll be able to see Bloody Mary smiling back at you

*خوف  You  really scarred  me . I will start thinking to hate mirrors :mrgreen:

Another thing to put in the closet  *sla
I had a wheeled stairway phobia when I was younger , but  I have outdone it before three years . It was really hard especially when you go to a center which has no elevator but many wheeled stairways  :?
and the first time when I start to challenge my fears , I was nearly to fall .
Thanks God  , I'm still alive  8)

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:29 pm 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
Topics: 11
Department: English Literature
Grade: "3"
I have no topics yet

MoondanceR,   *1
I've been waiting for this kind of topics since I signed up.  *good
I was the UNKNOWN, and I think it's the time to reveal some of my secrets, to show my true color, or simply to be KNOWN.
I'll be back.
Be ready to know the UNKNOWN.

TOO EARLY TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN