أهلا بك زائرنا الكريم في منتديات آرتين لتعليم اللغات (^_^)
اليوم هو الثلاثاء آذار 19, 2024 6:22 ص
اسم المستخدم : الدخول تلقائياً
كلمة المرور :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

آخر المشاركات

... آرتين ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. آخر رد: محمدابو حمود  .:.  الردود: 4   ... آرتين ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. آخر رد: محمد الربيعي  .:.  الردود: 2   ... آرتين ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. آخر رد: Jordan  .:.  الردود: 124   ... آرتين ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. آخر رد: aaahhhmad  .:.  الردود: 6   ... آرتين ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. آخر رد: مصطفى العلي  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. آخر رد: المرعاش  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. آخر رد: bassam93  .:.  الردود: 16   ... آرتين ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. آخر رد: ahmadaway  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 26 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة 1, 2, 3  التالي
الكاتب رسالة
  • عنوان المشاركة: الدكتور مؤيد ججو يتحدث إلى موقع آرتين !!
مرسل: الخميس كانون الأول 04, 2008 9:06 م 
المدير العام
المدير العام
اشترك في: 01 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 316
المشاركات: 4957
المكان: دوحة العرب
القسم: اللغة الانكليزية
السنة: متخرج
الاسم: فارس النائب
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: ذكر ::

غير متصل
صورة

An Interview with Dr. Muayad

1- First of all, we would like to know a little about your qualifications and where you have got your university degrees from.
I got my BA, MA and PhD from the University of Baghdad.  I had my bachelor’s degree in 1989, my master’s degree in 1993 and my PhD degree in 2001.  I have been teaching at the University of Baghdad since 1993.

2- Were you interested in English?
Yes, I have had a strong passion for English, music, painting electronics and physics.

3- What is your impression about Albaath University?
I really love this university.  I like the students, the staff and all the employees here.  They are very cooperative and nice.  They are always there whenever you need them. They are also very simple and humble. When I talk to them, I feel I am talking to friends.   I also share this friendly feeling with the students.

4- Have you ever failed in any course while you were at the university?
Never.  I was always the top student and had high marks in all courses.

5- Where were you teaching before you came to Albaath Uni?
I was teaching in the, University of Baghdad.

6- The question that is so often asked by students is: how did you get you accent?
I think listening carefully and imitating precisely what you listen to is the key to a good accent.  You have to keep listening to sentences and dialogues spoken by native speakers and recorded on tape or a CD.  And listening alone is not enough.   After every word or sentence you hear, you have to pause the recording, repeat exactly what you just heard and try to get everything right, exactly the way you heard it, the manner of articulation, the intonation, everything.  So you should get some audio CDs with sample dialogues by native speakers.  It is also a good idea to record your own English and play it back to yourself and friends.  In this way, you can more easily know what’s wrong with your pronunciation.  You can always benefit from friend’s comments.

7- As an experienced instructor in Albaath Uni, what are the defects you found in its courses and curriculums?
The textbooks are fine, though some students might be facing problems understanding them.  The point is, these textbooks are meant to be taught by instructors.  A student cannot simply grab a textbook, read it and comprehend it without the assistance of a teacher.  There are, of course, special books that are meant to be self-study guides.  But the ones we have are not.  So students shouldn’t think that they can study on their own.  I personally like the textbooks here.

8- What are the major things that the students lack in their study field in your opinion?
Speaking English.  They need to practice their English outside the lecture halls.
You know that in class students hardly find the opportunity to talk.  The professor does most, if not all, the talking.  So in class, students have all the time they need to practice their listening skills.  When they do their homework and at exams, they practice their reading and writing skills.  So the only skill they don’t practice is speaking.  If only students speak English and correct their mistakes while speaking and listening to one another, they would become fluent in no time.

9- What is the best reference book that you recommend to your students, and why?
The best books to keep during your studies are dictionaries and encyclopedias.  They are indispensible guides, because they are comprehensive and meant to be guides to students.  Yes and I would like to say that the best books to keep as references are dictionaries and encyclopedias. Every student should have a collection of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, and study guides. For example they need David Crystal’s Encyclopedia of the English Language, the Oxford dictionary, Webster’s Dictionary, the Encyclopedia Britannica, a comprehensive history of English literature, a dictionary of literary terms, the Longman English Grammar.  Fortunately,  they are all available in DVD.

10- What are the weaknesses you find in the students in the field of translation?
Well I see that they face problems because they haven't mastered both languages, the target and source language. To be a good translator, one should master both languages and practice as well.
There is a proverb: "Practice makes perfect."  Practice interpretation.  For example, when you listen to the news in Arabic, imagine you are interpreting to a foreigner and start interpreting.  Record your interpretation to detect your weaknesses later on when you play it back.

11- Why do you prefer to speak English all the time?
To give students a chance to practice speaking English.  This is what I have been doing ever since I was in high school.  My friends and I decided to communicate in English.  

12- What are the things that helped you become the top student?
Well attending classes, for one thing.  Doing my homework and taking down notes. But these are not enough.  Reading, writing and speaking English most of the time.  That is what really helps.  If you take care of your English, your exams will take care of themselves.

13- What is the best way to study Essay and Comprehension courses which you have taught?
Students should enrich their vocabulary.  To do this, they must do a lot of reading and looking up words in the dictionary.  Attending classes and note taking are of vital importance, of course.

14- How do you evaluate the forth year students?
Well, the best way to evaluate them is to make them sit for an exam and see their performance.  But I have a very positive impression.  They are very serious in their studies.

15- What is the best way to study for the poetry course in order to get high marks?  What will the questions be like?
Well, when you asked me how to improve your English I said practice.  I cannot ask students to write poetry, but at least they can practice reading poetry and try to analyze verse.  If they find this hard, they can start by reading “about” poetry.  You can pick an essay about a poem, read it and then turn to the poem itself and read it.  I recommend the book Poems and Critics.  It gives you a number of essays written on a particular poem, then lets you read the poem and decide for yourself which essay was closer to the meaning of the poem.  Students should not cut classes, because they need to see how a poem is being analyzed.  A poetry lecture is in fact criticism in action and students should not miss it.

16- Do you agree that the poetry course for Forth year student could be computerized?
Well, MCQ,s are one way of finding out whether a student has mastered the poems or not.  For one thing, this question type test the student’s global knowledge of the course material rather than focusing on a particular poem or poet.  Essay type questions are more prone to luck and do not have this comprehensive feature in them.  So I do agree.  However, MCQs cannot test the student’s writing skills and style.

17- Have you ever written poems?
Yes I write poems and I compose music.   I published a couple of poems too.
Do you like criticism?
Well, I adore literary theory and I have read a lot about it because it helps me improve my critical and teaching skills.

18- Finally, a message you want to deliver to students through our website?
A word of love.  I like all my students and wish them great joy and success.

*ورود We all thank Dr. Muayad for his cooperation and kindness , as we hope to get as far as he got at least *ورود  

أعلى .:. أسفل
 يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس كانون الأول 04, 2008 9:24 م 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 11 نيسان 2007
المواضيع: 43
المشاركات: 960
المكان: سوريا
القسم: English
السنة: MA
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: أنثى ::

غير متصل
Thanks for this precious interview...I have been waiting for it *ورود ..and the most important it is in English
I always loved Dr.Muayad's lectures *1  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الأول 05, 2008 2:43 ص 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 02 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 94
المشاركات: 4047
المكان: Hama
القسم: English Department
السنة: دبلوم ELT
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

First of all I'd like to express my appreciation to Dr. Muayyad for this lovely interview  *ورود Though I don't know him personally but I really admire his way of speaking  
اقتباس:
I think listening carefully and imitating precisely what you listen to is the key to a good accent.

Yes, of course and all of us agree with ur opinion but the problem that most of students face is that we lack lectures of conversation ... I mean if there is only one lecture weekly the result will be different  :wink:

اقتباس:
11- Why do you prefer to speak English all the time?
To give students a chance to practice speaking English. This is what I have been doing ever since I was in high school. My friends and I decided to communicate in English

*good  God bless you Dr.
اقتباس:
Students should enrich their vocabulary. To do this, they must do a lot of reading and looking up words in the dictionary. Attending classes and note taking are of vital importance, of course.

Thanx so much for these pieces of advice  *ورود

Thank u Fares for your great efforts in this wonderful interview *ورود

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الأول 05, 2008 2:45 ص 
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 17 كانون الأول 2007
المواضيع: 60
المشاركات: 1898
المكان: Britain
القسم: Literature, Film, and Theatre
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

I just want to thank Dr. Muayyad Jajo. He is a great doctor. His way of teaching is very nice. He has a lot of great characteristics; but the most important of which is his  modesty. Let's speak freely, few doctors are humble; most of them treat us as their students, nothing more and nothing less. But our great doctor, Dr. Muayyad, considers us as his friends. His lectures are very interesting. Thank you doctor. Thank Iraq which brought such great hard-working professor to us.  *ورود  *ورود

I also want to thank Obada for his great efforts in writing this interview. Thank you Obada; May Allah Bless thee ! Amen.

"We are the choices we have made."

آخر تعديل بواسطة Odysseus في الأربعاء نيسان 08, 2009 11:11 م، عدل 4 مرات

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الأول 05, 2008 2:46 ص 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 08 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 71
المشاركات: 1579
المكان: Manchester - UK
القسم: English Language
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

thanks for these valuable information  *1

اقتباس:
You know that in class students hardly find the opportunity to talk. The professor does most, if not all, the talking.

اقتباس:
So the only skill they don’t practice is speaking. If only students speak English and correct their mistakes while speaking and listening to one another, they would become fluent in no time.

*good
اقتباس:
There is a proverb: "Practice makes perfect." Practice interpretation. For example, when you listen to the news in Arabic, imagine you are interpreting to a foreigner and start interpreting. Record your interpretation to detect your weaknesses later on when you play it back.

that is a good point. you are totally right ..
practice, practice and more practice is your key to success
*ورود
"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win”

Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الأول 05, 2008 3:08 ص 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 31 آب 2007
المواضيع: 127
المشاركات: 1726
المكان: Homs
القسم: Français
السنة: Master FLE
الاسم: M. Amer BOHLAK
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

Thank you Fares for this interview… you give an effort remarkable & in specially when you translate it in English
*good  *ورود
I thank Dr. Muayad for his multi-counsels to develop our language

اقتباس:

6- The question that is so often asked by students is: how did you get you accent?
I think listening carefully and imitating precisely what you listen to is the key to a good accent. You have to keep listening to sentences and dialogues spoken by native speakers and recorded on tape or a CD. And listening alone is not enough. After every word or sentence you hear, you have to pause the recording, repeat exactly what you just heard and try to get everything right, exactly the way you heard it, the manner of articulation, the intonation, everything. So you should get some audio CDs with sample dialogues by native speakers. It is also a good idea to record your own English and play it back to yourself and friends. In this way, you can more easily know what’s wrong with your pronunciation. You can always benefit from friend’s comments

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الأول 05, 2008 3:28 ص 
المدير العام
المدير العام
اشترك في: 01 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 316
المشاركات: 4957
المكان: دوحة العرب
السنة: متخرج
الاسم: فارس النائب
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

The ONLY thanks should be mentioned are to Obada Arwany who wrote the interviw .... he did really a GREAT job *اي

God bless you Obada
*1  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت كانون الأول 06, 2008 5:36 ص 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
اشترك في: 12 آذار 2008
المواضيع: 22
المشاركات: 157
القسم: بالاسم انكليزي
السنة: رابعه على سن ورمح
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
الله يعطيكن العافيه والله يخليلنا الدكتور مؤيد ويكتر من امثاله وشكرا كتير لنصائحه الرائعه للطلاب بس ماعرفنا الدكتور من العراق ولا بس درس بالعراق؟ عموما شرف كبير النا انو درسنا هالدكتور العبقري بعلمه ولطفه وانسانيته عنجد انا فخوره جدا فيه الله يعطيه الف عافيه   *ممم

THE   BAD   WORKER   BLAMES   HIS   TOOLS

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت كانون الأول 06, 2008 11:01 ص 
مشرف ساحات طلاب الإنجليزي
مشرف ساحات طلاب الإنجليزي
اشترك في: 19 كانون الثاني 2008
المواضيع: 177
المشاركات: 3191
القسم: Higher Institute of Language
السنة: ELT Master 1st year
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
What A Great Insructor he is
I really admire him alot
فارس,  
Thank you and Obada for this great interview
God bliss you *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت كانون الأول 06, 2008 4:21 م 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 29 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 50
المشاركات: 1947
السنة: ماجستير
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
I'd like to thank Dr.Muayyad for his way of teaching..I really admire him...he's a very modest and humble man...may Allah bless him
*1  *1  *1  *1  *1  *1  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

إرسال موضوع جديد الرد على الموضوع  [ 26 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة 1, 2, 3  التالي

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

لا تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى

البحث عن:
الانتقال الى:  

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لـ ©2012Art-En.com . تصميم بواسطة Art-En . راسلنا . سياسة الخصوصية . قوانين المنتدى