أهلا بك زائرنا الكريم في منتديات آرتين لتعليم اللغات (^_^)
اليوم هو الجمعة نيسان 26, 2024 10:35 م
اسم المستخدم : الدخول تلقائياً
كلمة المرور :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

آخر المشاركات

... آرتين ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. آخر رد: محمدابو حمود  .:.  الردود: 4   ... آرتين ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. آخر رد: محمد الربيعي  .:.  الردود: 2   ... آرتين ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. آخر رد: Jordan  .:.  الردود: 124   ... آرتين ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. آخر رد: aaahhhmad  .:.  الردود: 6   ... آرتين ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. آخر رد: مصطفى العلي  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. آخر رد: المرعاش  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. آخر رد: bassam93  .:.  الردود: 16   ... آرتين ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. آخر رد: ahmadaway  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

منتدى مغلق هذا الموضوع مغلق ، لا تستطيع تعديله أو إضافة الردود عليه  [ 11 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة 1, 2  التالي
الكاتب رسالة
  • عنوان المشاركة: Half A Buck
مرسل: الثلاثاء كانون الثاني 08, 2008 6:19 م 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 11 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 27
المشاركات: 485
المكان: بلاد الله الواسعة
القسم: اللغة الإنكليزية
السنة: الثالة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: أنثى ::

غير متصل

Half A Buck

She got out of her house, cloudy day was that day. The grey sky was telling everyone that rain will come soon so get ready. She didn't notice that her old thin jacket and boots won't stand that coming rain. She was heading north to Damascus, the city witch she he loves the most, she was sure that she can't live away of that old city; she even refused many suitors because they asked her to travel and leave her beloved land. The love she had for that land was pure one, as she could never forget her childhood, her friends, the snow in January and the warm sun in June, she could still smell the scent of the old lemon tree they used to have in their garden, the colors of spring roses in her aunt's old Arabic house, oh how much she adore such houses and dream to live in one.

To reach Damascus, she had to take a bus, 20 minutes it will take her to get there, Umayyad Square was her destination. She got into a bus, and after paying the driver, she took her mobile phone out, plugged the headset and played her favorite songs. Whenever she puts the headset in her ears she flies away, sometimes she forget all about the world around her and start to think of many other things. She believes that music is essential to the soul as water to the body. Music turns you up and calms you down. It's just like magic, whenever she felt sadness or joy, she used to play her music and she would be in a great mood then.
                  The bus was speeding up, as she was holding her mobile, when suddenly the driver pulled at the breaks fast and in a strong way, all the passengers moved from their places for a while, and she dropped her mobile. That device was a gift from her   x-fiancé; she would fight to get it back. She saved everything on it, the addresses of her friends and family, her music and pictures and the sms's she received from him. She looked down at her feet and thank God she found it. She was going to curse the driver if she lost it.
                    15 minutes later, she arrived at Umayyad square. There were no people walking in the street, you can hardly see some due to the rain that started to pour. It was really a spectacular sight, the clouds were gathered in the sky, and the mountain of Qaseon was dark brown colored. The trees were swaying as a cool breeze blew, that sight reminded her of him, he told her once that he loves to walk under the rain; rain gives him the sense that even nature cries sometimes. His words were recalled in her mind. She still remembers what he said that day when they were talking on MSN messenger and listening to a song named "Rain". "Rain is a gift from God, I feel these drops are blessed, whenever two people walk together under rain, they will be united for ever, nothing can take them apart, because they are united by God." Those were his words, the words that she will never forget, but where is he now? He is not here with her, not any more.
                             The road to that bookshop she wanted was empty, only cars broke the silence of the road. She likes that place, the street of Malki, actually that was the most expensive place in Damascus, only merchants and high-class people lived there, it was a very organized avenue. Finally, she was not alone in that street; an old man turns from the corner. The feeling of loneliness just floats away when she saw him. He was holding a small wooden chair and a box full of shoe polishing stuff. He was looking her in the eye, and when she passed by him, his lips started to move. She couldn't hear him because she was still wearing her headset; she pulled it from her ears and gave him a nod from her head meant "What?" The old man was shivering but she couldn't know if that was due to oldness or coldness. He said," The weather is too cold, and I own no money, one of my daughters passed away yesterday, she was frozen because we had no fuel for the stove." After saying those words, he stretched his hand with a shame look upon his face, she was about to cry when he did that. Her hand moved to her pocket and took 25S.P. and gave it to that man. She walked quickly without even looking back at him. She put the headset back into her ears and continued walking and thinking. That old man seemed so miserable, he was polishing shoes for the high-class people,oh how poor is he, how could he go out to work when one of his daughters passed away yesterday? He was tough man for sure, he owns no money to buy some dizzel to turn the stove on, does he know that my father owns no money to buy dizzel too? She smiled from within and continued her way under the rain , with an old thin jacket and boots.

This is the firs story written by me

9\12\2007
                                                                  Semi-real story

Ev'n here, where frozen chastity retires,
Love finds an altar for forbidden fires;
Now turn'd to Heav'n, I weep my past offence,
Now think of thee, and curse my innocence.

أعلى .:. أسفل
 يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الثلاثاء كانون الثاني 08, 2008 6:38 م 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 03 حزيران 2007
المواضيع: 117
المشاركات: 2750
المكان: حمص العديّة
القسم: ELT MA
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

khazoom,  
*good Nice!!

I felt while reading your story as if I were with that girl. The story is simple but full of warm and sincere emotions.

Keep going on  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الثلاثاء كانون الثاني 08, 2008 6:47 م 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
صورة العضو الشخصية
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
اقتباس:
I felt while reading your story as if I were with that girl. The story is simple but full of warm and sincere emotions.

well, thank you Zomorda for that comment
Really I thank you from deep within my heart
wait for the next one :wink:

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الثلاثاء كانون الثاني 08, 2008 9:07 م 
مراقب عام
مراقب عام
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 20 تشرين الأول 2007
المواضيع: 440
المشاركات: 9878
المكان: حمص
القسم: اللغة الانكليزية
السنة: دبلوم تأهيل
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
اقتباس:
she took her mobile phone out, plugged the headset and played her favorite songs. Whenever she puts the headset in her ears she flies away, sometimes she forget all about the world around her and start to think of many other things.

*ممم  *ممم  *ممم
i usually do the same .......  
اقتباس:
She was going to curse the driver if she lost it.

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
اقتباس:
how could he go out to work when one of his daughters passed away yesterday?

:evil:  :evil:
thats because our society do not have the word mercy in his dictonary
poverty is surrounding us and gets power everyday
اقتباس:
She smiled from within

i hope you are doing the same  
khazoom,  
............ *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الأربعاء كانون الثاني 09, 2008 8:50 م 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
اشترك في: 03 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 94
المشاركات: 965
السنة: السادسة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

This story is full of non-sense.................
Be more careful when you want to write a story next time, but it is good beginning...

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الأربعاء كانون الثاني 09, 2008 9:27 م 
آرتيني مؤسس
آرتيني مؤسس
اشترك في: 03 حزيران 2007
المواضيع: 117
المشاركات: 2750
المكان: حمص العديّة
القسم: ELT MA
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

Sheba,  
Believe it or not! I was expecting your comment to be like this  :mrgreen:
It is nice to criticise someone's work but at the same time you should say why, in order to avoid such mistakes next time  :wink:

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الأربعاء كانون الثاني 09, 2008 10:35 م 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
اشترك في: 03 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 94
المشاركات: 965
السنة: السادسة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
زمردة,  

اقتباس:
It is nice to criticise someone's work but at the same time you should say why, in order to avoid such mistakes next time

Mmm yeah I can say to you that you have to read it once again to see how weak and meaningless the story and its plot are,I wish you gotten the weakness
 *ممم

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس كانون الثاني 10, 2008 2:30 ص 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 02 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 48
المشاركات: 1228
القسم: English
السنة: M.A
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

khazoom,  
A nice try... *good
but I hope you won't be offended if I say sth about the story.. :oops:
As we have learnt in our literary studies, a short story must focus on one incident only.... You can give multiple incidents in a longer story; novel.... what you have written is most likely to be a diary, coz actually if we mention it as a short story, so it is weak in its technique since its subject is related only to the last lines!! But as I've said, as a diary or a descriptive essay it is so good, coz ur choice of words is good :wink:
But anyway it is a nice try *good  *1

I'm not mad......I'm not real...

Let the Outside dies within the Inside
AND
Let the inside lives as it wants to live

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس كانون الثاني 10, 2008 3:27 م 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
صورة العضو الشخصية
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
       Roula,  
thank you  for that comment
Sheba,  
If I want to write something else , I'll pass it to you befor  I post it here :mrgreen:
thank you for the comment anyway
عصام,  
thank you too , you seem to be the only one who liked the story :(

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس كانون الثاني 10, 2008 5:19 م 
آرتيني نشيط
آرتيني نشيط
اشترك في: 27 تشرين الثاني 2007
المواضيع: 20
المشاركات: 486
المكان: اللاذقية
السنة: الرابعة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

khazoom,  
It's a very wonderful story, though it's very simple but I don't know why I started  crying  afterI finished reading it,
maybe because it was snowing outdoors while I was reading and this weather makes me
melancholic.
Best of luck  khazoom, and as Zomorda said keep going on *1  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

منتدى مغلق هذا الموضوع مغلق ، لا تستطيع تعديله أو إضافة الردود عليه  [ 11 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة 1, 2  التالي

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

لا تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى

البحث عن:
الانتقال الى:  

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لـ ©2012Art-En.com . تصميم بواسطة Art-En . راسلنا . سياسة الخصوصية . قوانين المنتدى