أهلا بك زائرنا الكريم في منتديات آرتين لتعليم اللغات (^_^)
اليوم هو الخميس آذار 28, 2024 3:48 م
اسم المستخدم : الدخول تلقائياً
كلمة المرور :  
لوحة الإعلانات الإدارية

عذراً أخوتي .. تم إيقاف تسجيل الأعضاء الجدد في آرتين حتى إشعار آخر

آخر المشاركات

... آرتين ...   » لابدّ أن أستأذن الوطن .... نزار قباني *  .:. آخر رد: محمدابو حمود  .:.  الردود: 4   ... آرتين ...   » لا يصلح العطار ما افسدة الدهر  .:. آخر رد: محمد الربيعي  .:.  الردود: 2   ... آرتين ...   » مناقشة كتاب"Translation with Reference to English & Arabic"  .:. آخر رد: Jordan  .:.  الردود: 124   ... آرتين ...   » المعرب و الدخيل و المولد ... تتمة  .:. آخر رد: aaahhhmad  .:.  الردود: 6   ... آرتين ...   » تحميل ملف  .:. آخر رد: مصطفى العلي  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » The Best Short Stories of J.G. bialard The Terminal Beach  .:. آخر رد: المرعاش  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » هام للطلاب الي بيواجهوا صعوبه بمادة الصوتيا  .:. آخر رد: bassam93  .:.  الردود: 16   ... آرتين ...   » مساعدة مشروع تخرج عن تراجيديات شكسبير  .:. آخر رد: ahmadaway  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0   ... آرتين ...   » نتائج سنوات 2009 2010 2011  .:. آخر رد: أبو عمر  .:.  الردود: 0

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

منتدى مغلق هذا الموضوع مغلق ، لا تستطيع تعديله أو إضافة الردود عليه  [ 15 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة السابق  1, 2
الكاتب رسالة
  • عنوان المشاركة: I Miss You To The Depth
مرسل: الجمعة كانون الثاني 08, 2010 3:44 ص 
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
مشرف موسوعة الأدب الانجليزي
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 17 كانون الأول 2007
المواضيع: 60
المشاركات: 1898
المكان: Britain
القسم: Literature, Film, and Theatre
السنة: MA
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

:: ذكر ::

غير متصل

Nawal8q,  

اقتباس:
I will be back to reply your post, I swear but tow days later.

You do NOT have to swear :wink:  And you do NOT have to post a reply as well, because I just gave an opinion about the poem. Do not worry. :wink:

But I forgot to ask you a question. Are you influenced by Elizabeth Barrett Browning? I am asking this question because the beginning of her famous sonnet "How do I love thee?" is similar to your beginning in your poem.

Browning's poem starts like:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

and your poem starts with "I miss you to the depth". So it is similar. Or it is just a chance? Though I do NOT believe in coincidence in Literature!

"We are the choices we have made."

أعلى .:. أسفل
 يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الجمعة كانون الثاني 08, 2010 2:08 م 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
اشترك في: 03 آذار 2007
المواضيع: 94
المشاركات: 965
المكان: حمص
القسم: اللغة الانكليزية
السنة: السادسة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

Poems Theft :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Confusion Will Be My Epitaph

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: السبت كانون الثاني 09, 2010 1:49 ص 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 22 شباط 2008
المواضيع: 29
المشاركات: 1074
السنة: رابعة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

اقتباس:
Browning's poem starts like:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

Maybe, I don't know...
I read the poem you mentioned in Art-en and even posted on my door, so every time I go out I will be able to read it.
But no sir, it was a consequence that the first line is just similar to Browning poem, because I don't even  remember to have it -the poem- in my mind at that time.
It wasn't an attempt from me to write a similar one I'm sure, but maybe in my unconsciousness it was present. I might have just borrowed the word (depth) but not to imitate her.
Thanks.

Fill my fond heart with God alone, for he
Alone can rival, can succeed to thee.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس آب 25, 2011 9:10 م 
آرتيني فعّال
آرتيني فعّال
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 22 شباط 2008
المواضيع: 29
المشاركات: 1074
السنة: رابعة
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل

Odysseus,  
I forgot this poem at all, or shall I call it "song"

اقتباس:
This easiness has a positive effect on the readers. The monosyllabic words make the poem easy to understand.

That's what I really wanted :mrgreen:
اقتباس:
Another point, the sense of musicality in the poem. As you know, repetition in any poem can cause either tautology –A Greek word that means repletion of words or ideas unnecessarily- or musicality. If you notice that Nawal repeated the words "can't" three times in the lines 11, 12 and 13. This repletion gives the poem the sense of musicality here, NOT tautology.  The use of the figures of speech in the poem also serves the sense of musicality in the poem, especially the alliteration – the repletion of consonant letters in the beginning of words in the same lines- as in the lines 6 (high-heaven), 9 (mercy-my), 13 (my-mind) and finally in the last line ( heaven-hell).

That's why I wanted to call it a song. Thanks for the analyzing  *ورود
اقتباس:
A third point, the coherence in the poem. This poem is tightly coherent.  It seems that Nawal masters all her words and ideas, and knows well what to write

Believe me not always, sometime I struggle to find the word I want, I guess it's because I didn't read much lately, it makes my English poor :cry: , I shall be back to reading shortly inshallah.

اقتباس:
Nawal illustrates this fact through the use of the first line "to the depth" , and the sixth line "high in heaven". These two lines are contrasting in places. The first line refers to the very down of earth; and the sixth line refers to the very high of sky. The two places, the 'down' and the 'high', are unseen to normal people. Here lies the idea of coherence.

All of that wasn't in my mind when I wrote it  :mrgreen:

اقتباس:
So, the conclusion of this is that the poem is well-written; it is NOT just 'an attempt', it is a real poem in the full sense of the word.

:oops:
It's because you always comment on my "attempts" and show me my mistakes, thanks a lot *1  *1  *1

اقتباس:
The speaker is like a diver, the addressee hides himself in the bottom of the ocean; and because the speaker misses the addressee very much she turned into a diver and dove deep in the ocean to meet the addressee. It is a very nice image.

I will write a poem about that idea, I liked it too. :mrgreen:

اقتباس:
The second and most beautiful image is in the 14th and 15th lines.

اقتباس:
And underneath the ashes of my love
Still burning coal of thy behalf

But I'm NOT going to discuss this image. I will leave it to the other members in order to let them share us their views of this poem. It would also be nice if Nawal wanted to discuss them by herself, though I think it is improper for the poet to discuss what they write. For when they do so they simply kill the poem.
The poem is full of images but I'm going to stop here.  
God Bless you Nawal.   
Keep the good work

It's about hope, thou the speaker has reached to the bottom of despair of returning his/her love back, there is still hope. It's derived from one look of the person mentioned, you know that the eyes reveals all the secrets of the mind and heart.  The hope I was talking about is not a very relaible one, that's why the speakers counts not on it, it's only a still burning coals.

اقتباس:
Frankly speaking, you spoiled the meaning by the misuse of the pronouns

mmmm, *ممم  I see.
اقتباس:
hope that my point was clear. This is all what I wanted to say about the poem. God bless you all.

Many a thank for you, I can't find the words to say, I will still write as long as you are reading and correcting my poems.

Odysseus,  
*ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود  *ورود

Fill my fond heart with God alone, for he
Alone can rival, can succeed to thee.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

مرسل: الخميس آب 25, 2011 11:20 م 
آرتيني مشارك
آرتيني مشارك
صورة العضو الشخصية
اشترك في: 30 تموز 2007
المواضيع: 10
المشاركات: 54
المكان: دمشق
لا يوجد لدي مواضيع بعد

غير متصل
Nawal8q,   *Hi  *sla  *1

يشاهد الملف الشخصي  

منتدى مغلق هذا الموضوع مغلق ، لا تستطيع تعديله أو إضافة الردود عليه  [ 15 مشاركة ]  الانتقال إلى صفحة السابق  1, 2

جميع الأوقات تستخدم GMT + ساعتين [ DST ]

لا تستطيع كتابة مواضيع جديدة في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع كتابة ردود في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع حذف مشاركاتك في هذا المنتدى
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملف في هذا المنتدى

البحث عن:
الانتقال الى:  

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لـ ©2012Art-En.com . تصميم بواسطة Art-En . راسلنا . سياسة الخصوصية . قوانين المنتدى